GGG vs Chavez jr. Good or Bad fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make It Happen! Winner Gets Sergio!

Comment

I think this is a great fight. Both fighters have a chance to win, it will definitely be entertaining and could be GGG's breakout event.

Both men have power, both are offensive minded but GGG has the better defence, jab and overall skill set yet Jr has the size advantage and a cast iron chin. Golovkin's chin on the other hand is untested. If Jr can take the shots he took from Martinez, I'm sure he can take shots from 95% of MWs out there.

Jrs size could be a major factor, as GGG hasn't exactly fought too many legitimate MWs who can hit hard, guys such as Rubio and Lee. Sadly, Jr is chasing another arse kicking by Martinez whereas GGG is busy fighting LMWs and calling out one of the world's premier p4p fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
        I think GGG might lose this one.

Chavez has a great chin. GGG is there to be hit.

Chavez is also I think the much bigger longer guy.

Would be interesting to see what GGG does against Chavez's pressure and body attack when his power shots aren't enough to keep Chavez off him.
        Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
        I'd like this, I think ggg is a small middleweight with awesome power, and I think Chavez is a huge middleweight with an awesome chin, neither of them fight on the back foot, neither have much head movement, both throw tons of punches = good fight
        Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        That's a good match up. Simply based on the fact that Jr can go forward and take whatever GGG throws at him. I would like to see what Golo is made of late. I hope this fight happens soon. Chavez proved a lot to himself by taking that ass whoopin from Serg. He has as good shot to win.
        Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
        I think this is a great fight. Both fighters have a chance to win, it will definitely be entertaining and could be GGG's breakout event.

Both men have power, both are offensive minded but GGG has the better defence, jab and overall skill set yet Jr has the size advantage and a cast iron chin. Golovkin's chin on the other hand is untested. If Jr can take the shots he took from Martinez, I'm sure he can take shots from 95% of MWs out there.

Jrs size could be a major factor, as GGG hasn't exactly fought too many legitimate MWs who can hit hard, guys such as Rubio and Lee. Sadly, Jr is chasing another arse kicking by Martinez whereas GGG is busy fighting LMWs and calling out one of the world's premier p4p fighters.
        Size and chin. This is why Chavez has to move up, because his only strengths are his attributes, so he rests on that to get him through. Golovkin is clearly a more complete fighter, just shorter. Their reach is pretty much the same, but Jr. doesn't utilize his jab like GGG does. Chavez will have his chances because of the way their styles match up, but I think GGG is gonna exploit Chavez's size like the smaller fighter should. He would beat Chavez's body like a drum, slow him down to a crawl and then beat the shit outta him. Martinez schooled Chavez, but GGG has the power to take it a step further and get the stoppage. Hell, there was a couple times when Sergio looked like he was on the verge of getting it.

IMO, Chavez would catch an L regardless of how serious he takes Golovkin. He simply doesn't belong at this weight, and his weight-draining will catch up to him. So not only is GGG a better fighter, but he's fighting at a weight that suits him. Add GGG's power to the equation, and I think Chavez would get shook up in this one.

Comment

it would be a good fight but like kiaba said chavez at the weight,he would kill himself trying to make it.ggg late stoppage

Comment

Chavez is a beast and a very(very)big man...I don't think this is a clear cut win for 3G like so many are predicting...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              Chavez is a beast and a very(very)big man...I don't think this is a clear cut win for 3G like so many are predicting...
              I feel this way too. Good post. Green K.

Comment

Would be interesting to see how he fights considering he'll be gone with Freddy and probably team up with somebody more defensive minded.
                By that... he'll probably be the same person but be more confused on what he's supposed to do in the ring

Comment

I'd watch it. Drinking my coffee while watching Jr. getting KTFO sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Size and chin. This is why Chavez has to move up, because his only strengths are his attributes, so he rests on that to get him through. Golovkin is clearly a more complete fighter, just shorter. Their reach is pretty much the same, but Jr. doesn't utilize his jab like GGG does. Chavez will have his chances because of the way their styles match up, but I think GGG is gonna exploit Chavez's size like the smaller fighter should. He would beat Chavez's body like a drum, slow him down to a crawl and then beat the shit outta him. Martinez schooled Chavez, but GGG has the power to take it a step further and get the stoppage. Hell, there was a couple times when Sergio looked like he was on the verge of getting it.

IMO, Chavez would catch an L regardless of how serious he takes Golovkin. He simply doesn't belong at this weight, and his weight-draining will catch up to him. So not only is GGG a better fighter, but he's fighting at a weight that suits him. Add GGG's power to the equation, and I think Chavez would get shook up in this one.
                    GGG gets tired and frustrated if he can't do it in five. Chavez won't be going in five. And Sergio is different because he can move his feet to avoid early pressure. Golovkin can't get out of the way so they'll just go blow for blow. When he does move he goes straight back. Its a toss up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      I don't think it'll be easy for GGG, but when push comes to shove, somebody's body and will is gonna get shattered. This fight will not go 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X