Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather eye Lopez after jail time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malius View Post
    Cotto was a good fight but wasn't close. Rematch not really needed.
    Canelo will be fighting as he gets out so it is possible.
    Guerrero no.

They both KO'd Ortiz and Ortiz was a big a profile as Lopez is now (to the public) cept he got Berto's belt.
    People think it's close.
    if Cotto's still active and Mayweather wants some walking around cash.... why not?

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
      why would he fight guererro???and there will bo no cotto rematch

it will be canelo
      He ain't gonna come out of jail to face Canelo, you can cross that out.

Comment

Very good fighter, A lot of heart and guts from Lopez, respectable fight for Floyd to take while giving Lopez a pay check of a lifetime. But the truth is Josesito Lopez is not a very marketable name, unless he goes on a little win streak like beating at least 2 of Maidana, Malignaggi, Khan, Alexander...then I can see Floyd giving him a fight. But as Dom mentioned Guerrero is probably the more recognizable name.

But don't get me wrong, it's a fight i'd like to see Floyd in. Lopez is 5' 10" and throws a lot of punches and just never gives up. Floyd needs to aim for that type of style to finish off his career, Ortiz, Cotto, Lopez, Maidana, Khan, Canelo etc. Guys who will be there to get hit, so that he can leave the sport with a string of memorable fights. Pacquiao did it his whole career and got nothing but praise for it and labeled an ATG for fighting the same style over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          He ain't gonna come out of jail to face Canelo, you can cross that out.
          I don't think Floyd will fight this year period.

And I don't think he's gonna fight early next year either. I'm predicting he fights in May 2013.

The time in jail and disruption of his normal diet/work out routines will mess him up and he will not feel comfortable enough with his body to fight this year.

Comment

I think it will be Robert Guerrero back at 147 also because a win over Aydin I thinks make Guerrero Mayweather's Mandatory, a fight with Lopez seems possible though now

Comment

Not if he wants his jaw intact.

Comment

Why the fuck would he do that LOL

Comment

Lopez is hardly even worthy.

If you watched the fight you know exactly what Lopez was doing, he was swinging for the fences nearly the entire fight.

He would get picked apart.

Comment

He should consider a tuneup fight

I doubt he does though

Comment

im going with dom guerrero in a tune up. he needs to see where his body is at. if he fights again, this may be the first time he takes a tune up in quite some time, but its not like last time, 3 months of atrophy may be hard to shake off, so i guarantee u he wont be fighting canelo, ppl may as well forget that.

Comment

Working...
                      X