No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price Gutted: I Never Saw Thompson's Punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price Gutted: I Never Saw Thompson's Punch

British heavyweight champion David Price has lost his unbeaten record after a stunning second-round stoppage loss to American veteran Tony Thompson. The 29-year-old was a hot favourite to continue his march up the heavyweight ranks, with a shot at the world title his ultimate goal.

But Thompson, an experienced campaigner whose only two recent losses came at the hands of world champion Wladimir Klitschko, had other ideas, and he ended things early with a brutal right hand. Nearly 6,000 fans crammed into Liverpool's Echo Arena to cheer on Liverpudlian Price, who had beaten all of his last seven opponents inside four rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

There are many criticisms you can make of David Price, but you can't say he's not a great dancer.

Comment

I hope Thompson offers him a rematch and Price gives it a better go that time around. I'm not one to normally call for change of Trainers, but I feel if Price is going to be something big, he needs a proper trainer - not a local one. Robert McCracken would be an excellent choice and would really make something of him I think. Just too open all night long. He got caught in the first also.

Comment

Didn't Haye say he was better than Fury?

LOL another one bites the dust.

Comment

I have to admit, I never saw this one coming. Holy cow.

Comment

It was on the side of your head of course you didn't see it, you aren't a walleye

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              It was on the side of your head of course you didn't see it, you aren't a walleye
              haha lol.

Well now Price knows....Would have been a lot better for him to have fought a Klitschko and found out. No chin. I would congradulate Thomson but he was so out of shape whch makes this even more dubious.

So if there are any doubts about how weak this division is right now....

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                haha lol.

Well now Price knows....Would have been a lot better for him to have fought a Klitschko and found out. No chin. I would congradulate Thomson but he was so out of shape whch makes this even more dubious.

So if there are any doubts about how weak this division is right now....
                No, no. I am going to go on a hardcore propaganda campaign to tout Thompson's greatness, all in an effort to make Wlad's win over him look that much better. Lets face it, till' Thompson loses to someone else not named Wladimir, his victories shouldn't just be attributed due to guys like Fury or Price sucking that badly.

Comment

Man Thompson was shamefully out of shape... Price could have waited a couple more rounds and then went after him when he was gassed in the 4th maybe. I feel bad for price, I think Thompsin thought he was just there for the paycheck too. He's as surprised as anyone hahah.

Comment

Lmmfao...wow!

Comment

Working...
                    X