No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kimbo Slice Ready For Action on Mundine-Geale Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    I do miss the glory days of him beating up puddings in car parks.

I never admired him, I admired the bloated puddings who had the nuts to fight him despite any sort of discernible fighting ability. Sort of a triumph of human spirit, really.
    Interesting perspective I like it! The whole operation had a sense of irony and pathos about it. Kimbo in his heyday had a lot of comics he fed material to and was a great contrast to the "signed contract, over-insured, risk averse enterprise prize fighting has become. Unfortunately it all came to a head when it was demonstrated that on a bad day, the worse professional could match the Slice man in a contest.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I don't fault him for trying to make living as well, but I am disappointed that some of his opponents have taken blatant dives.
      Gary Shaw, right?

this was some legit power against a bum

gotta admit though the people there in attendance loved it. So I mean, the guy he's doing these small little events beating up bums, it's fun for everyone. He's no longer the massive hype job he was in MMA, so it doesn't bother me none.
      Last edited by ИATAS; 01-26-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Press Release bull**** hyping a total non-entity. Can we now get back to the boxing and and discuss Geale v Mundine?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          BoxingScene does this frequently. They run a press release written by a promoter or publicist that usually exaggerates or even boldly lies about their respective fighter(s). I remember a couple years back there was one about James Toney and it stated that he was a former hw champion.
          Yeah, Boxing Scene looks pretty bad when they put these things out without making it clear it's not their article. When tv networks have infomercials on, they have a message saying the views and claims expressed in that program don't necessary express the views of the network nor are they responsible for the claims before the infomercial starts. When Boxing Scene puts out press releases without saying it's one, it makes it seem like Boxing Scene is lending out their name to add credibility to the bull**** the publicist spew out sometimes.

Comment

Well Said Doktor....

Comment

Hey I live in Sydney and I can tell you straight up no one here gives a good god damn about this global icon. More concerned at the likelihood of him stinking out the card. His presence is a real downer on a nice main event.

Comment

Fast asleep on the floor, arms and legs akimbo. It's coming for sure, but maybe not against the QLD heavyweight king, whatever that's supposed to be.

Comment

Working...
                X