No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Reality Bites: Vicarious Vegas Weekend Leaves a Mark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Reality Bites: Vicarious Vegas Weekend Leaves a Mark

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Reality isn’t always my closest ally.

In fact, more than just once in a while, I’m perfectly content to turn on, tune in and drop out with a weekend diversion of my choice, while the rest of the world goes ahead and handles the heavy philosophical lifting without me.

It’s a lot less strain on a too-often achy 42-year-old back.

And by the time my attention returns Monday, I never feel like I’ve missed anything.

But then a Saturday night like the last one arrives… and I’ve got to punch in early.

Rather than making the trip to see it in person or gathering collateral to bankroll the pay-per-view, I instead endeavored to wake up Sunday morning, stay insulated from contact that’d spill the result – and find an online feed to let me watch the fight “live” 12 hours later.

I happily found success courtesy of a site called www. (oh, wait… sorry Bob, can’t reveal my sources, right?), which was rebroadcasting the as-it-happened UK feed from Primetime, including blow-by-blow by ex-NFL kicker Benny Ricardo and color from Pacquiao stablemate Amir Khan.

Truth told, I’d have preferred Tim Ryan and Gil Clancy… but piraters can’t be choosers.

Anyway, as I settled in front of the TV to do my duty, I admit my expectations were low.

Though I knew Marquez had given Manny issues through 24 rounds, I was in the majority this time that assumed the combination of his advancing age and Pacquiao’s marked upturn would make it little more than a violent exclamation of late-arriving Filipino superiority. [Click Here To Read More]

truth right here

Comment

arum nd roach wont let it happen

Comment

Could'nt agree more. Fitzsimmons hit it on the nail.

Comment

Pacquiao SUCKS!!!!!

Your 100% correct. Manny would get killed by Matweather, no way in he'll would Bob let his prize fighter get killed by one of his former fighters that despise each other. The " Pacman" was exposed. Hatton,Cotton,Margarito,and Mosley were tailore made for Pacquiao.

Comment

I felt the exact same way!!! I had Marquez up 8-4 also. Before the results were announced i told the party i was with they were gonna rob Marquez for the Mayweather fight. And they did. Thats why i have said it multiple times that this gift decision was given to Pac to fight Mayweather not a rematch.

Comment

I had it 8-4. MArquez winning.

Feel bad JMM, the sport he's passionate about betrayed him, but not the boxing fans.

The best don't fight the best, and those who win don't really win.

The Sad truth.

Comment

Great read, trust me the PACfraud fans will deff stay away from this article lmao

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5jk...ayer_embedded#!
                  Pacquiao won fair and square, Marquez fell short. Watch the replay rd by rd. The link will enlightened some doubters..

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5jk...ayer_embedded#!
                    Pacquiao won fair and square, Marquez fell short. Watch the replay rd by rd. The link will enlightened some doubters..
                    lol, LOOK everyone i was completely wrong JMM won because he stepped on Manny's foot, who ever steps on the others foot the most wins.

Just Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X