Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitor "The Phenom" Belfort vs Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitor is the hero. I'm pretty sick of Anderson's mug and I just saw some 15 year old stoner kid wearing his Silver Star walk out shirt while he and his friends argued out loud in public over which blunt tastes the best............

Vitor decapitation R1

Comment

As outstanding as Silva is i still feel his unorthodox style makes him weak against technically proficient strikers like a Shogun or a Vitor.

But i agree that if Vitor is going to win its got to happen early.

On another note this fight could be an implication of how a Jon Jones vs Shogun fight might go down.

Great match up, cant wait.

Comment

spider strikes

Comment

Silva is no Bully.

The Spider is Going to Bite. KO/TKO

Comment

As much as I would like see Belfort to win, ring rust will more than likely effect his performance. He's also only had to cut to 185 twice in his career and only fought over a total of 6 minutes in the last 3 years since his debut at the weight. His last fight against Franklin was 17 months ago, and that was at a catchweight.

Belfort deserved a tune-up fight before this. He relies heavily on his speed and timing which will more than likely be off, and that's not good against a counter striker like Silva.

With a combination of his boxing and his takedowns, I really think Vitor can still pull it off, but I doubt we will see him in his best shape. His best chance is an early knockout. Otherwise, Silva picks him apart.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
              As much as I would like see Belfort to win, ring rust will more than likely effect his performance. He's also only had to cut to 185 twice in his career and only fought over a total of 6 minutes in the last 3 years since his debut at the weight. His last fight against Franklin was 17 months ago, and that was at a catchweight.

Belfort deserved a tune-up fight before this. He relies heavily on his speed and timing which will more than likely be off, and that's not good against a counter striker like Silva.

With a combination of his boxing and his takedowns, I really think Vitor can still pull it off, but I doubt we will see him in his best shape. His best chance is an early knockout. Otherwise, Silva picks him apart.
              silva is very hard to hit clean on, thats why i think vitor wont win this fight. spider will whoop him

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
                silva is very hard to hit clean on, thats why i think vitor wont win this fight. spider will whoop him
                Sonnen, who is also a southpaw, hit him pretty clean with a left straight and had him backing off so Vitor hitting him, with the same punch of which is Vitor's best punch, isn't outside the realms of possibility.

Comment

Silva fucks him up

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
                    You becoming a believer bro LOL!

I'd love to see Vitor get the win but like Beelzebub says its gotta happen early or it ain't happening at all.
                    The fact that most of Vitor's KOs are in the first round, and early in the first round, isn't lost on me.

I have a feeling though that Vitor wins this. If he hurts him early I think he likely will finish him, but I'm not necessarily saying Vitor is going to KO him in the 1st round. I just think Vitor pulls out a victory.

Comment

I think Silva will fight a very negative fight and take a decision or possibly late stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X