Do you like Andre Ward's style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
    Dull? Really?
    Please don't tell me you where on the edge of your seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
      It's definitely not entertaining. It won't bring new fans to boxing.
      Its based on personal preference. It wasn't boring in my opinion. Ward dominated him and landed good shots from the outside and made Allen pay on the inside. I wish he would have stopped him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
        It's definitely not entertaining. It won't bring new fans to boxing.
        mma fans maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Please don't tell me you where on the edge of your seat.
          Dude is one of my favorite fighters, so of course I was ALL INTO IT. As the fight went on, I was on the edge of my seat because I wanted him to stop Green.

Comment

Its based on personal preference. It wasn't boring in my opinion. Ward dominated him and landed good shots from the outside and made Allen pay on the inside. I wish he would have stopped him though.
            Ward did what he had to do. He had the right gameplan and executed to perfection. Green looked terrible, but Ward should have some credit for that.

I found it allright that the referee didn't separate them as they where fighting (and wrestling) on the inside. Ward was excellent in keeping Green from getting off. The fight was a bad fight and not at all as entertaining as other inside fights have been. Take Chavez-Rosario for instance.

Comment

I fell asleep around round 10, and no, I do not like Ward's style.

Comment

Dude is one of my favorite fighters, so of course I was ALL INTO IT. As the fight went on, I was on the edge of my seat because I wanted him to stop Green.
                damn, I fell asleep lol.

Comment

Ward uses alot of "tactics" in his fights that I dont like, The headbutting, excessive clinching and holding his arm out to stop you coming in. I dont know why he does it so much because he is talented enough not to have to do it...
                  Last edited by JK1700; 06-20-2010, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Dull? Really?
                    Yep, it was very dull.

Comment

Hopkins is my favourite fighter.......what do you think ?

Jokes aside, i don't like that style. ( i know Hopkins does it but he's old and i like a prime Hopkins, the older one should retire.)

I can't take credit away for Ward though. He does what works for him and he is clearly a very talented young fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X