No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Burns-Broner Talks Were Productive, Says Frank Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Burns-Broner Talks Were Productive, Says Frank Warren

Earlier this week, promoter Frank Warren had a meeting in London with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer. The Golden Boy exec is interested in matching their unbeaten super featherweight, Adrien Broner (21-0, 17KOs), against Warren's WBO's champion, Ricky Burns (32-2, 9KOs), on the tentative HBO televised date of November 5th.

[Click Here To Read More]

If this was the warren of old then this fight would never ever happen.

Comment

Bad style match up for Ricky. Doesn't have any power to keep Broner off him. If he did he'd box circles around this hype job

Comment

Wake me up if Burns actually defends against Broner or somebody with a pulse

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
          Wake me up if Burns actually defends against Broner or somebody with a pulse
          Same here, Burns beat a pretty good fighter for the paper WBO title but has feed on bums ever since. I would give Broner a good chance of winning this fight if it gets made which is extremely doubtful.

Comment

Broner will KO him within 6 rounds

Comment

I like the match up and I also like the fact that Golden Boy don't care about doing fights with other promotors this is a positive thing for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin LHook View Post
                Bad style match up for Ricky. Doesn't have any power to keep Broner off him.
                Not true - Burns is not a concussive puncher but he does hit hard enough to get Broners respect, especially to the body.

I expect an easy night for Burns, he's too big and has too much skill for Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  If this was the warren of old then this fight would never ever happen.
                  Ol' Frank has upped his game big time over the last year or so, i now think he's actually ok.

WAR RICKY BURNS!!!

I hope he wins, he has to be the nicest guy in boxing and he has a style thats easy to watch too.

Comment

Never seen Burns fight but with that kayo ratio I'd imagine it be very hard to keep Broner off him. Broner is a good boxer himself, so I'd imagine that Burns isn't that skilled that he can out box him or Burns would probably be bigger than this. Be a step up for both fighters and on paper I would certainly say Broner wins.

Comment

Working...
                    X