No announcement yet.

carry on boxing or keep modelling?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
    You say you know you won't turn professional in terms of Boxing, so why take the head punches?

You can still do pad work, bag work, speedballs, shadowboxing, skip rope, roadwork and body sparring to keep your physique in shape and enjoy the boxing vibe/training.

No need to stress over it.
    Because sparring and taking the head punches is the fun part! I can't imagine training if there wasn't some competitive element. Just me though.

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
    One of the two is a worthy profession for a man, you figure out which...
    ^^^
    And this.

Modeling? Be a man.
    Last edited by SBleeder; 08-03-2012, 08:28 AM.

Comment

do both, model for money and box to stay fit only don't compete

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        Because sparring and taking the head punches is the fun part! I can't imagine training if there wasn't some competitive element. Just me though.
        Sadly I'm no male model......and I've certainly taken my share of head punches. Ha ha

I know its not much of a comparison, but there is still body sparring. I've had some punishing, competitive spars avoiding shots to the head. Its a big part of the training in Brendan Ingle's gym. Granted, you still get accidentally tagged from time to time with head shots, but you are less than likely to have your face smashed up.

Comment

in my opinion, boxing competitively(sparring/amateur tournaments) might even change your face in a positive way. i think it chisels, and makes skin more radiant and healthy looking...im no scientist but even emmanuel steward was saying something about this a while back...when you take leather, your skin rebuilds stronger with more elasticity.

when im sparring and competing a lot, my face looks different than when im taking a break and only doing roadwork and bagwork, etc...and for the most part, i look better when im in fight shape, minus the bruises and swelling.

Comment

Working...
          X