No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho: Not Enough Time For Marquez To Return in April

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nacho: Not Enough Time For Marquez To Return in April

Trainer Nacho Beristain says his star pupil Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs) will not return in the month of April. There have been continued rumors of a tune-up fight in April, which Beristain plays down. He says Marquez, if he started training this week, would be ready to fight by mid-May at the earliest.

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is planning to meet with Marquez to discuss a fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao for the fall. Arum prefers that both Pacquiao and Marquez stay away from the ring until their fifth fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In other words.. "We need more time to cycle off this juice"....

Comment

I read the man has been training for 8 months straight in one way or the other. I think he deserves some time off.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
        yep cause he is the one who is famous for ducking drug testing and filing a lawsuit over being asked to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          I read the man has been training for 8 months straight in one way or the other. I think he deserves some time off.
          yup and at his age his body needs some recouping time.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
            Nobody's gonna catch Marquez with anything in his system. The athletic commissions in the U.S. are a joke. Pacquiao's been getting away with it for years!! Also, look at Peterson. He wasn't caught by the athletic commission, he was caught by VADA months after he cheated against Khan!! Mosley never tested positive either [and he was doping for the rematch against ODLH]. JCC Sr. was using cocaine since at least 1988 and never tested positive once. Also, I've heard from reliable sources that Erik Morales would party for two weeks at a time with little to no sleep (allegedly with the aid of cocaine). I have close ties to the Mexican music industry and have heard this from musicians who actually played for him in the past... Either way, the point is that the commissions are a joke!!!
            Last edited by Carlos Alberto; 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

how come people keep sayin drug testing is an issue? manny cant do real doping tests for his fights he is scarred of needles remember now all the sudden he is ok with it? am i the only one who finds that suspicious at all?

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
                how come people keep sayin drug testing is an issue? manny cant do real doping tests for his fights he is scarred of needles remember now all the sudden he is ok with it? am i the only one who finds that suspicious at all?
                manny and arum always refused drug testing,manny was afraid of needles or it made him weak and his fans defended him by saying the tests done by the commission were enough,oh but now it's totally different! their hero got ko'd badly and now they're crying and insist on the tests,why isn't the commissions test enough now? it was for pac

I would love for jmm to come out and say "I don't want to do the tests because i'm afraid of needles"...see how pac and arum like that

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                  manny and arum always refused drug testing,manny was afraid of needles or it made him weak and his fans defended him by saying the tests done by the commission were enough,oh but now it's totally different! their hero got ko'd badly and now they're crying and insist on the tests,why isn't the commissions test enough now? it was for pac

I would love for jmm to come out and say "I don't want to do the tests because i'm afraid of needles"...see how pac and arum like that
                  i will be shocked if manny agrees to real testing i really will. watch pac come out and say ill do the testing but only if we can fight at lightweight lol

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.. View Post
                    yep cause he is the one who is famous for ducking drug testing and filing a lawsuit over being asked to do it
                    I wouldn't be ducking any ost either especially when my s&c coach have stuff for me to take that can go undetected but hey I'm not saying he's on anything, I'm just going by what I hear and see about his s&c coach and that interview where he stated they have invented shiietz that will go undetected. Of course when that interview took place he wasnt working with marquez yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X