No announcement yet.

Someone explain to me how Mathysse and Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
    They should let goldenboy take over and they give him a cut.

WTF for? How many fighters that GBP have that are european? GGG im sure is gonna still fight in his own backyard or somewhere in the area soon.

He dont really have to just fight in the U.S

Comment

GBP/ TR, Gary Shaw etc are not the only boxing promoters in the sport, in the US they are the main cup of tea but outside of the U.S and the americas im sure no IMO

Comment

If you want Matthysse and Golovkin to get treated as such, go watch them fight and make sure to make a ton of noise for them.

Straight up, you can't sit back and say man this guy should be a star and not be willing to pony up to go see them fight otherwise your words ring real hollow.

Comment

Golovkin is just hitting the seen against tough guys.

Matthysse is truly ducked and ****ted on. Hes a true boxing talent that Argentina and any boxing fan should get behind. I don't know what else he can do except beg for a fight. He's in a weight class with good fighters but all the big names are abandoning for 147. I think its terrible that he's losing years and having to settle for fights with guys like Dallas when he's proven over and over that he's so much better than that. He's forced into a situation where he has to knock everything out on the road to get decent fights.

Comment

Well I'm sorry if this comes across as racist but I don't know how much of a market there is for Argentinians out there. From what I've read Martinez, a p4p boxer, only got some love in his country when he beat Chavez. Also I don't think there's a large population of Argentinians in America that his fights could be sold to. Personally my favorite three boxer are Argentinians, I just don't know if he's got a cultural following. You are right though, he should be promoted and marketed because he speaks to boxing fans regardless of race. (I'm a honkey from the midwest)

Comment

Imagine if they were swagged out, loud, and obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                Imagine if they were swagged out, loud, and obnoxious.
                There you go with your ****. He'd be paid in full for sure since you mentioned it.

Comment

What's happening to ggg and Matthysse is the same thing that happened to margarito in the 00's, promoters don't wanna risk there cash cows against people who aren't known to the general public even though boxing fans no who the real no.1 is. Sad thing is in 5-10 years time all the boxrec warriors will be going, Matthysse wernt as good as Garcia he was a unified champ, or who did ggg beat? Why didn't he fight pirog or quillin?

Comment

I'm going to explain this real simple concerning Mattysse, Lara & all the other golden boy fighters getting stiffed. Golden boy has a golden goose that they're building right now. A total hypejob who they're spending most of their time babying & spoon feeding & pampering. It's kind of hard to promote other fighters that don't really need to be weened.

So they just stamp their promotional company on Mattysse & Lara & toss them out in the cold to fend for themselves, while they concentrate on their little golden goos & fabricate his stardom, his championship, his elite level, his ranking & whatever else they need to fabricate.

Meanwhile GGG is having problems cause his company can't get the other top fighters at 160 to commit to fighting him. It's hard to fight the best when the best is running scared.

Comment

If they keep getting highlight wins and ko's, then promoters will have no choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X