Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BCS is the biggest god damn joke in all of sport.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone care to wager on the highly anticipated Tavoris Cloud V the always deadly TBA on the same card?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      Problem is that florida was clearly the better team (as evidenced by the nat'l championship game). So what they bcs folks did is put the two best teams in the country against each other both years, which they should do.

Think about it like this. What would the line be on lsu v ok st and what woupd it be on lsu v bama?

Another thing you're leaving out is that florida played an extra tough game in
      2006 qith the sec championship. Gives them additional juice for tiebreakers. Which bama DID NOT have this year.

Fuk bama and their slimeball head coach.
      The problem is they didn't put the best two teams in at the time. Yes, Ohio State got rolled but that was virtually a home game for Florida and styles makes the matchup(this is for another conversation but Michigan would of beat Florida in 2006). Michigan at the time was the better team because they only lost to the number 1 team in the nation, their arch rival, on the road. Florida lost to Ole Miss, at home. At the time the two best teams were Ohio State and Michigan and if we're rewarding the best two teams Michigan and Ohio State should've played in 2006. Instead SEC coaches purposely dropped Michigan way down in the rankings(I believe South Carolinas coach and Mississippi States coach had Michigan all the way to number 9 after the Ohio State loss) so Florida could jump.

No matter how you spin it this is a disgrace. If you want the best two teams in the NC that's fine but don't give bs excuses that you have to win the championship to get in or give say that team already had a shot, give someone else a chance and then a few years later do the complete opposite. Michigan got screwed by the SEC in 2006 and Texas got screwed by the SEC in 2008. There's no way you can deny it.

I'm not happy, Okie State deserved to be in. More top ten wins, more top 25 wins, more over .500 wins and a conference that was rated higher than SEC. These commentators saying "well, Bama lost to the number 1 team" are putting more stock in losses than they are victories and that's a damn shame. I truly hope this is the end of the bcs because this year was the final straw.

Comment

As for the championship argument Walt, I'll never defend it because I am against it. All the championship game is, is a money grab. Rarely do the two best teams meet up and it devalues the regular season. I was pissed when the Big10 decided to go to one. For example this year with Michigan grabbing the Sugar Bowl. There isn't a person that thinks Michigan is better than Michigan State this year. Michigan State beat us and was a better team all year but since they played in the championship game they were penalized for it and instead Michigan sneaks into a much more lucrative bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          how exactly does the BCS work? Is it like a "plug in the number" into a formula, and a computer spits it out kind of deal? based on votes as well? ive never really taken the time to listen/learn about how the system works. . . i come from a basketball school, UNC, not really a football school. . . but i still support FSU in college football (and our season was GREAT SUCCESS because we beat FLorida AND Miami). . .

Whoever the idiots were saying I'm a "bandwagon jumper" about my FSU threads.. .

Please read this, and silence yourselves.

Lol all because I never made a thread about it, o talked aobut it on here, doe snot mnea I've always been a fan. . . I discuss FSU on other forums dedicated to football.. . and on facebook.

#PWNED

Comment

yes the bcs IS a joke.

i got robbed in the video game too.

i went undefeated with air force 2 years in a row but the 2nd year i was rated #1. both polls #1. only undefeated team. STILL don't get to the bcs title game.

get stuffed to the sugar bowl and i think oklahoma or texas and an sec team got in both with losses and neither ranked #1.

post-bowl games, STILL ranked #1.

Comment

Working...
            X