Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Cotto PPV Buys over 2 million???? and $12 million dollar gate #5 all-time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    are we still playing this game? It has everything to do with Mayweather being the number 1 draw and Cotto being number 3 and very little for Canelo. Pac fans trying to find anyway to discredit the numbers, smh. BTW, this isn't the first time Canelo has been on an undercard of Mayweather. I have a feeling his popularity didn't grow 500,000 ppv buys in under a year
    Canelo was on Floyds last ppv and sold more tickets at staples center than Floyd sold at MGM, dont act dumb, Richard Shaeffer added Canelo for a reason on Cinco de Mayo. Did you hear how many fans Canelo had the pop when he came out?

Seriously you would be stupid to think Canelo can't do at least 400k buys. Floyd could have done 900k for the Ortiz fight but Canelo helped push him over.

Comment

How many PPVs has Canelo headlined?

Comment

If Floyd-Cotto did between 1.5-2.0, does anyone still think Pac deserves a 50% split??? Pac did 1.25 million with Cotto, Floyd did that with Ortiz.

Comment

If it does well over 1.5 million everybody involved deserves some props. Still the main stars deserve the lion's share of praise.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            with mosley, canelo and cotto on the card it should do close to 2 - but floyd can't take all the credit for that.
            Of course he can and will take it. And, his fans will give it to him.

However, Schafer is saying this. I'm sorry Schafer word is not gospel. It's no better than Arum throwing numbers out.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Canelo was on Floyds last ppv and sold more tickets at staples center than Floyd sold at MGM, dont act dumb, Richard Shaeffer added Canelo for a reason on Cinco de Mayo. Did you hear how many fans Canelo had the pop when he came out?

Seriously you would be stupid to think Canelo can't do at least 400k buys. Floyd could have done 900k for the Ortiz fight but Canelo helped push him over.
              If he's that big of a draw, why hasn't he been headlining ppvs for a while now? 400,000 ppv is a lot of buys in boxing and would net a bunch of profit. Brah, he ain't that big of a draw, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                How Many of those buys were for CANELO?
                good point. Take him out and it does 1.2 million

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  If Floyd-Cotto did between 1.5-2.0, does anyone still think Pac deserves a 50% split??? Pac did 1.25 million with Cotto, Floyd did that with Ortiz.
                  Floyd out sells Pac every day of the week thats common knowledge , no Pac doesnt deserve 50% , prolly about 55% Floyd 45% Pac .

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                    Of course he can and will take it. And, his fans will give it to him.

However, Schafer is saying this. I'm sorry Schafer word is not gospel. It's no better than Arum throwing numbers out.
                    How much do you think it will do?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      I guess we will find out September 15th how big a star Canelo is~ if he fights Kirkland and does over 300k I will be impressed.
                      300k would be a big number for Canelo and then maybe we could adjust the though process. I just can't see him doing anywhere near that. We'll see though. If he fights Kirkland and the undercard is good I will buy. He's a good watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X