Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac showing early signs of Parkinsons?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol anything out the phillipines shouldent be taking seriously. Them dudes make up news and such.

Comment

How many people have actually suffer from Parkinson's in boxing? Because apart from Ali and Roach I can't link anyone else to it, So I wouldn't even link boxing to the disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        frankly, I think rapid counter is right on this one. It seems like after the fact excuse making. what kind of medical professional would speculate about parkinsons without doing any testing? I get your point about who would do something so sick, but we are not talking about rational everyday things.

I find it despicable that the newspaper would even print this without real proof.
        Also how is saying PAC may have Parkinsons disease an excuse? The article stated that PAC seem to be showing sign of the disease and that PAC should really consider retiring. Nowhere in that article did i read anything about how this could be the reason why he lost so again how is this even an excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
          Also how is saying PAC may have Parkinsons disease an excuse? The article stated that PAC seem to be showing sign of the disease and that PAC should really consider retiring. Nowhere in that article did i read anything about how this could be the reason why he lost so again how is this even an excuse?
          evol come on man. it reads like an excuse for his losing even though the fight itself isn't mentioned or the writer didn't specifically link them. Its no different then the JMM ped stuff IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by abdul-jakul View Post
            By Dharel Placido, ABS-CBNnews.com

MANILA, Philippines – A neurologist on Thursday said he has been observing early signs of Parkinson's disease from Filipino boxing icon Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao.

Dr. Rustico Jimenez, President of Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines, told radio dzMM that among the early signs of Parkinson's being exhibited by Pacquiao include stuttering and hand twitching.

Jimenez urged the Filipino champion to retire from boxing in order to avoid what happened to Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) and award-winning trainer Freddie Roach who were both afflicted with the progressive disorder of the nervous system.

"Kung ako naman ang tatanungin, siguro dapat mag-retiro ang ating pambansang hero na si Manny," he said.

"Lalo pong nadadagdagan ang trauma, lalo pong magkakaroon siya ng problema. Pwedeng later on Alzheimer's disease naman."

In a separate phone interview, Jimenez clarified that he could be wrong with his observations, but nevertheless told Pacquiao to be cautious.

He said while he has not met Pacquiao to personally check on his condition, his hand twitches during television interviews should be a cause for concern.

"Yung movement, although mabilis ang reflexes, napapansin ko lang - another view or personal view lang naman ang sa akin - parang may early signs," he said.

"May mga movements napapansin mo sa kamay. Sa kamay usually, sa ulo hindi natin makikita agad, nagtu-twitch ng konti. Although I haven't seen very close, parang nakikita ko lang mayroong ganoon."

Chronic trauma

This is not the first time that a medical expert raised concerns over Pacquiao's health.

Dr. Raquel Fortun, a renowned forensics expert in the country, earlier said she is not convinced with the CT scan results clearing Manny Pacquiao following his knockout loss to Mexican foe Juan Manuel Marquez.

She said severe head trauma could lead to Alzheimer’s disease or a form of dementia that worsens over time.

She said several studies have been done on the effect of chronic trauma or repeated hits to the head among athletes, particularly boxers and football players.

Fortun said the knockout punch that hit Pacquiao was actually 2 hits: when Marquez's fist connected with Pacquiao's face and when the boxing champ fell face down on the canvass.

"Delikado yun. Pag naalog yan yung utak mo kasi hindi fixed na fixed yan sa bungo so pag naaalog ang utak, may napu-putol putol na connections. May mga small hemorrhages ka," she said.

She said a severe blow to the head could damage the dura mater, which is a membrane that surrounds the brain. Once damaged, it could lead to a subdural hematoma.

The forensic expert expressed alarm over reports that Pacquiao allegedly had a slight seizure after falling unconscious from Marquez's hammer blow to the head. – with David Dizon, ABS-CBNnews.com
            Looks like it's time to call it quits

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
              man...I aint buying this mess!!...if somebody from Team Pac came out and said this, then I would buy it...but some dude who's not even on the payroll is coming out with this junk?..GTFOH!!!
              His assessment is based on an eye test, so I agree with you there, but why would a guy on Pac's payroll be more reliable? That payroll more than likely ends when Pacquiao retires.

Comment

interesting

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  lol anything out the phillipines shouldent be taking seriously. Them dudes make up news and such.
                  I stopped reading at "MANILA, Philippines – A neurologist", because we know everyone goes to the PI for anything brain related...

Comment

A doctor who has never met Pacquiao says that he is "twitching", and another who hasn't seen his scan thinks that it's wrong... Sounds like attention seekers. I can't imagine Roach would even consider allowing Pacquiao to fight if he had even the slightest concern! There's always the possibility but I just don't buy these people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I think I read somewhere Parkinson's disease is not related to blows to the head. Or something like, test results haven't been conclusive enough to say that boxing or blows to the head cause Parkinson's disease. I could be wrong and I'm on my phone so I'm too lazy to look it up again.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Plenty of people who never boxed a day in their lives have Parkinson's. Very little is known about its cause. I think it is linked to boxing because of Muhammed Ali. I bet if you look at the number of boxers that have Parkinson's, the percentage wouldn't be any higher than people who mow lawns for a living. That's just my opinion of course.
                      Yea you might be right but some people automatically think blows to the head = Parkinson's.

I think it was HBO that had some type of show/documentary on Parkinson's. This disease is very intriguing as it is deadly. And I think there's very little known about it too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X