No announcement yet.

Odlanier Solis vs. Vitali Klitschko: Official Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Tunney-
    Odlanier Solis had one of the best amateur records of all time.

He won Olympic gold in 2004.

He was world amateur champion in 2001 (stopped David Haye) 2003, and 2005.
    But as a pro he's failed to impress and has shown nothing IMO that he'll be competitve against Vitali. Solis is tailor made for Vitali; he's short, his offensive output is dismal and his stamina is questionable at best. I expect nothing but domination from Vitali ending in a late round KO...

Comment

Can't predict the results, but definitely Vitali's toughest fight since Lewis.

While Solis' output is nothing to drool at, he is a smart fighter with a very tight defense/guard. The uppercut seems the be the only punch anyone can land on him.

If Vitali can keep distance, maintain output, then he should get the descision. It will get interesting if Solis can get close to him, especially since Vitali keeps his left side open.

I would chalk this up to another Vitali/Peter, Vitali/Arreola if it wasn't for Solis' top notch guard.

Vitali is a great constant, while Solis is a wide Question Mark. Best HW fight on the Horizon.

Comment

I think Solis will go the distance and Vitali will win on points.

I also think Solis will surprise many and put up a good fight, probably the toughest fight for Vitali in years.

I just don't think Solis has the PRO experience to handle someone like Vitali though, it's too much. Plus his weight is far more than ideal. He needs to lose 20+ pounds.

Maybe, just maybe, solis doing better than expected could give us a David Haye vs Vitali Klitschko fight. As it seems now, Haye doesn't want anything to do with Vitali and only wants to fight Wlad, who seems to have two fights lined up. Maybe Vitali struggles a bit with Solis and Haye sees it as Vitali being old or whatever and takes the fight. Who knows, wishful thinking maybe.

Comment

vitali KO9
          i am pretty sure he will win every single round like he always does.

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Vinny View Post
            Odlanier Solis by KO... in round... In whatever round he chooses.
            Man you are such a hater that it clouds your judgment, can't even pick a fight correctly. I bet you picked Austin to beat Wlad as well.

How is your favorite fighter doing by the way?

Comment

Dwyer sure talked a good game in his prediction, and I want to believe that he will do okay, but I think Vitali will outwork his fat ass and knock him out.

I refuse you can be that out of shape and pose any thread to Wlad or Vitali. Just dont see it.
              Last edited by paulf; 01-12-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Vitali by TKO.

Solis is a fat slob, and has looked like **** recently.

Comment

Easy win for Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    Vitali UD not as bad as Briggs beating but Solis will barely win a round.

Just think when Vitali starts to hurt him, Solis will look to survive.
                    Very concise analysis. I agree with every word.

Comment

Once Solis works out he can't land on Vitali and takes punishment whenever he attempts to come forward he'll go into the same defensive mode as Kevin Johnson. Solis is better than Johnson of course, so Vitali must tread carefully.

Comment

Working...
                      X