• Show
Clear All

War Cotto!!!

Comment

I think Quintana beats Canelo tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        Canelo beats everyone of them!
        I agree. To bad Oscar doesn't believe in his fighter. Canelo fighting Lopez, a 140 pounder is a disgrace. Not as bad as fighting Mayorga but still pretty damn bad. I think Canelo is a very good fighter but as WBC champion he has a duty to fight worthy opponents. He needs to tell Oscar to let him fight the best out there. Real full sized, top rated 154 pound fighters. When and if Canelo fights Lara, Trout, Molina, Cotto, Vanes or Kirkland I'll be a Canelo fan again. He needs to KO Lopez in 5 rounds or less and then no more fights with little guys, old guys, or bums.

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
          Canelo vs Lara
          Canelo vs Vanes
          Canelo vs K9
          Canelo vs Trout
          Canelo vs Cotto
          Canelo vs Berto
          Canelo vs Golovkin
          close fight, canelo on points with a style that leave more of an impression on the judges.

canelo via stoppage

canelo via stoppage

nearly identical scenario to the lara fight with trout doing a bit less. if anybody is going to get next to zero credit from judges it's trout

canelo would probably stop berto, but he's a tough guy and he might make it to the bell

golovkin would be a different animal. huge puncher and big guy. great amateur background. fully grown man. canelo is a solid technician and has a good chin, but a puncher like golovkin would probably be too much for him. i could be wrong. i think canelo is a good fighter and i think he'll do well when he's in deep. cant be certain, obviously, but that's what i feel he'll do.

i think floyd beats him on points in a rather close fight. maybe 8-4 or 7-5 even

i think canelo would beat cotto via stoppage, but there's always a chance that a great boxer like cotto could put on a clinic. this would perhaps be the most fun of all of the fights. cotto is boxing well under diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            I think Quintana beats Canelo tbh.

are you serious or being very cheeky?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I agree. To bad Oscar doesn't believe in his fighter. Canelo fighting Lopez, a 140 pounder is a disgrace. Not as bad as fighting Mayorga but still pretty damn bad. I think Canelo is a very good fighter but as WBC champion he has a duty to fight worthy opponents. He needs to tell Oscar to let him fight the best out there. Real full sized, top rated 154 pound fighters. When and if Canelo fights Lara, Trout, Molina, Cotto, Vanes or Kirkland I'll be a Canelo fan again. He needs to KO Lopez in 5 rounds or less and then no more fights with little guys, old guys, or bums.
              :qqq::qqq::qqq::qqq:

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                close fight, canelo on points with a style that leave more of an impression on the judges.

canelo via stoppage

canelo via stoppage

nearly identical scenario to the lara fight with trout doing a bit less. if anybody is going to get next to zero credit from judges it's trout

canelo would probably stop berto, but he's a tough guy and he might make it to the bell

golovkin would be a different animal. huge puncher and big guy. great amateur background. fully grown man. canelo is a solid technician and has a good chin, but a puncher like golovkin would probably be too much for him. i could be wrong. i think canelo is a good fighter and i think he'll do well when he's in deep. cant be certain, obviously, but that's what i feel he'll do.

i think canelo would beat cotto via stoppage, but there's always a chance that a great boxer like cotto could put on a clinic. this would perhaps be the most fun of all of the fights. cotto is boxing well under diaz.

with the exception of the Cotto prediction, i agree with all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
                  with the exception of the Cotto prediction, i agree with all of this.

IMO the best way to beat cotto is to hurt him and make him cower / run away

i think canelo could get that done on the end of his punches without taking a ton of fire in return

that being said, cotto is a very great boxer and very underrated in those same terms. he could simply have too many tricks and win the rounds with the jab and ring generalship.

when cotto was coming up i was not thinking
                  "damn this kid can punch"
                  "damn, this kid is a warrior,"
                  i was thinking "what a nice little boxer they've got there in PR,"

Comment

Canelo vs Lara
                    Canelo vs Vanes
                    Canelo vs K9
                    Canelo vs Trout - never seen Trout
                    Canelo vs Cotto
                    Canelo vs Berto
                    Canelo vs Golovkin - never seen golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      IMO the best way to beat cotto is to hurt him and make him cower / run away

i think canelo could get that done on the end of his punches without taking a ton of fire in return

that being said, cotto is a very great boxer and very underrated in those same terms. he could simply have too many tricks and win the rounds with the jab and ring generalship.

when cotto was coming up i was not thinking
                      "damn this kid can punch"
                      "damn, this kid is a warrior,"
                      i was thinking "what a nice little boxer they've got there in PR,"
                      I don't know, fam. Cotto is the only dude at 154 who I actually see having all the tools to be able to decisively beat Canelo actually. Im talking 9-3, 8-4 decisively.

All the other aforementioned guys don't do well when u negate their biggest weapons, Cotto has long negated his OWN s**t and still has found ways to win.

There was a time where he forgot about his jab. There have been times where he has forgotten about his hook. namsayin? I just think his experience and dexterity would give him the upperhand if him & Canelo ever decide to trade. He's just outnumbered.

Also, Canelo is a strong puncher but he fights in spurts. I'm not sure if this is still inexperience on his part, or just the fact that he's one of those dudes who can't maintain a high level of activity through the majority of 12 rounds. Canelo's best chances would be to capitalize against Cotto in the championship rounds when he begins to fade (which he almost always does), but I don't really see it happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X