Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios vs Victor Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victor will quit on his stool, there was already talk before the Josesito fight that Ortiz was looking towards his retirement. Talking about how he doesn't want to be permanently damaged and not enjoy his life after boxing. And he's a surfer on top of that. Rios is a banger and doesn't give a ****, he'll win in the mid to late rounds possibly 9 when Ortiz quits.

Comment

i pretty much got the same views as most in this thread. if ortiz shows up determined like he did for berto, i see him winning. but if he gets careless or shows any kind of mistakes, i think rios can overwhelm him and probably stop him. ortiz is more skilled and stronger than rios imo, rios just has a stronger will and heart. and that sometimes can win you fights. hopefully it becomes possible after ortiz gets some wins going.

Comment

Ortiz is bigger, stronger, faster, harder hitting and has the better boxing ability.

That said i cant get it out of my head that a die hard warrior like Rios would break his will

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyDempsey View Post
          Let's face it, Ortiz clearly has more talent than Rios. Rios doesn't box at all. Victor has power, accuracy, reasonably good defense, physical strength and good boxing skills. He's also a southpaw.

Rios has... a great chin? Thudding, consistent power (possibly overrated). No boxing skills whatsoever.
          You could say the same about Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            You could say the same about Maidana.
            Right, and if you read the rest of my post, you'll notice that I said if Ortiz doesn't break down mentally (which is why he lost to Maidana) he'll win via KO.

Comment

Working...
            X