Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blueprint for beating Marg. and not from pac or shane but.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueprint for beating Marg. and not from pac or shane but.....

Clottey looked amazing for the first four rounds against cheato. Although they have different styles he did something Cotto CAN do in this fight. That is keep a tight guard, measure distance to not get hit to the body, counter effectively in the middle of the ring and most importantly CLINCH when in danger. If i were cotto i would implement this style into the fight. Cotto is a harder puncher than Clottey and can stop Marg if fights a smart agressive fight

what do you guys think?
    Last edited by dorruel2.0; 11-23-2011, 06:37 PM.

bump.......

Comment

Dude, are you lost? Here at NSB we only talk about Pacquiao and Mayweather. And, Clottey? Dude I’ve only seen one of his fights, but I can tell when someone throws a fight, no doubt son….sorry. I think you have the right idea, but Cotto can’t fight like Clottey (nor does he have the speed and clinching ability that Shane did or foot and hand speed of Pacquiao) I mean anybody can “cover up,” but Clottey has perfected that clamshell defense of his and he was able to time Margarito-Cotto would lapse on several occasions if he tries to implement something he’s not used to (and lose rounds to Margarito because of it). If Margarito shows up, even the version Pacquiao fought, the guy who threw 800-900 punches, and kept moving forward while gaining Pacquiao’s respect with his punching power – I think Cotto has a tough night, he’ll need to get his stamina in check. Cotto takes very blatant breaks, you see him dancing backwards like he’s “boxing,” he’s taking a break. He needs to use his jab and hook to the body as often as possible. Margarito’s stamina has always been superb, Cotto has to slow him down, take the wind out of him and do his Mayorga boxing routine for 12 rounds. It also helps he’s in New York. Ring size could be crucial and the referee will matter a lot, if Cotto chooses to clinch in order to avoid uppercuts and hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
        Clottey looked amazing for the first four rounds against cheato. Although they have different styles he did something Cotto CAN do in this fight. That is keep a tight guard, measure distance to not get hit to the body, counter effectively in the middle of the ring and most importantly CLINCH when in danger. If i were cotto i would implement this style into the fight. Cotto is a harder puncher than Clottey and can stop Marg if fights a smart agressive fight

what do you guys think?
        Is possible but I doubt it take a look at round 7 cotto vs maryorga, Cotto the same guy that margarito beat down

Comment

there is more then jone blueprint to beat Margarito the guy so one dimensional and very beatable

unless he loads his gloves of course

Comment

Different fighters,

Really can't go off the Clottey fight.

Comment

I think it's got to be a combination of a couple fights. the Clottey fight, which you did a good job of laying out - I think he did do this at times in the 1st bout, but there is no way he can do it for the whole fight, which the poster above mentions. He doesn't have the defense to stay inside for THAT long and we know he will not clinch like Mosley did - he has to get out to the sides.

And this is where the Pacquiao and P. Williams fights give a little insight as well....when Margarito gets turned, he has to reset his whole stance and start his stalking all over again. It's almost a complete reset. Cotto also was able to do this to Marg the first half of the fight - he wasn't taking as tight pivots like Pacquiao and Williams were, but it was good enough to keep Marg resetting until he got tired and started to back straight up and Marg cut the ring off and closed the distance. All of this is really exhausting tho, not to mention having to take inevitbale punches no matter how perfect he fights. I actually think he had the right idea in the first fight except for backing straight up and retreating....and all that is a byproduct of fatigue and mental pressure....which is exactly what Marg brings to the table every time. still gonna be tough, but if he can maintain his gameplan for longer, not get discouraged and retreat straight up, he can win handily.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
                Dude, are you lost? Here at NSB we only talk about Pacquiao and Mayweather. And, Clottey? Dude I’ve only seen one of his fights, but I can tell when someone throws a fight, no doubt son….sorry. I think you have the right idea, but Cotto can’t fight like Clottey (nor does he have the speed and clinching ability that Shane did or foot and hand speed of Pacquiao) I mean anybody can “cover up,” but Clottey has perfected that clamshell defense of his and he was able to time Margarito-Cotto would lapse on several occasions if he tries to implement something he’s not used to (and lose rounds to Margarito because of it). If Margarito shows up, even the version Pacquiao fought, the guy who threw 800-900 punches, and kept moving forward while gaining Pacquiao’s respect with his punching power – I think Cotto has a tough night, he’ll need to get his stamina in check. Cotto takes very blatant breaks, you see him dancing backwards like he’s “boxing,” he’s taking a break. He needs to use his jab and hook to the body as often as possible. Margarito’s stamina has always been superb, Cotto has to slow him down, take the wind out of him and do his Mayorga boxing routine for 12 rounds. It also helps he’s in New York. Ring size could be crucial and the referee will matter a lot, if Cotto chooses to clinch in order to avoid uppercuts and hooks.
                i mean im not saying he should use the same exact style because he cant. Clottys defense is much better. But Cotto can implement and put his own style on it. He can use his jab which is better than clottys and focus on margs body which isnt as tough as his chin. once margs hands drop cotto can have a field day with his face and can punish that eye.
                Originally posted by kimmiblob View Post
                Is possible but I doubt it take a look at round 7 cotto vs maryorga, Cotto the same guy that margarito beat down
                Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                there is more then jone blueprint to beat Margarito the guy so one dimensional and very beatable

unless he loads his gloves of course
                i know but cotto doesnt have the speed manny or mosley do
                Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Different fighters,

Really can't go off the Clottey fight.
                some things you can.
                Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                I think it's got to be a combination of a couple fights. the Clottey fight, which you did a good job of laying out - I think he did do this at times in the 1st bout, but there is no way he can do it for the whole fight, which the poster above mentions. He doesn't have the defense to stay inside for THAT long and we know he will not clinch like Mosley did - he has to get out to the sides.

And this is where the Pacquiao and P. Williams fights give a little insight as well....when Margarito gets turned, he has to reset his whole stance and start his stalking all over again. It's almost a complete reset. Cotto also was able to do this to Marg the first half of the fight - he wasn't taking as tight pivots like Pacquiao and Williams were, but it was good enough to keep Marg resetting until he got tired and started to back straight up and Marg cut the ring off and closed the distance. All of this is really exhausting tho, not to mention having to take inevitbale punches no matter how perfect he fights. I actually think he had the right idea in the first fight except for backing straight up and retreating....and all that is a byproduct of fatigue and mental pressure....which is exactly what Marg brings to the table every time. still gonna be tough, but if he can maintain his gameplan for longer, not get discouraged and retreat straight up, he can win handily.
                i agree man great insight. What Cotto needs more than anything is the stamina and will to 12 with Margarito and stick to the gameplan. If Cotto has the energy he wins comfortably imo

Comment

a nice video that appears to show how they'll fight Marg, and in spots he actually covers up quite effectively and then fires off, but then again this is just a mitt session...@ 2:41

looks pretty good actually...if he can maintain this approach for 12 rounds, I think he'll be straight.

Comment

Bad game plan. Clottey is a big strong fighter and he could afford to let margarito try to get past his guard.

Cotto is a small fighter and if Margarito throws 1000 punches against him it will show by the 8th and the punches will begin to rain in.

Comment

Working...
                    X