Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have this problem when doing shrugs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have this problem when doing shrugs?

So normally I shrug with dumbells but I am at the point where I need to be switching things up. So I tried with the bar. Now I am the kind of person who always keeps the bar too close to me. When I deadlift I wear soccer guards or else I cut up my shins because I pull the bar so close to my hips. When I go for the pull the bar keeps rubbing up against my d1ck and then it flops back down. It doesn't really effect my lifts but it's just the most abnormal thing to be happening in a gym. Also I am in front of a mirror and I can see my bulge go up and down..

Nice, I guess it doesnt help when you're wearing a mankini!

Comment

Lol that happens to me also, not with deadlifts but the shrugs.

Comment

Hahaha happens to me too. Use a shrug bar if its a problem.

Comment

lol yep....

Comment

Wearing shin guards to do dead lifts is absolutely hilarious, I laughed, have a look at your form it shouldn't be hitting your shins. You could do the shrugs behind your back also, its a bit awkward but it works, easier with a smith machine if you have access to one, or you could hold a heavy plate in front of you and shrug.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Hahaha happens to me too. Use a shrug bar if its a problem.

It will still catch...
              Originally posted by RonRoss View Post
              Wearing shin guards to do dead lifts is absolutely hilarious, I laughed, have a look at your form it shouldn't be hitting your shins. You could do the shrugs behind your back also, its a bit awkward but it works, easier with a smith machine if you have access to one, or you could hold a heavy plate in front of you and shrug.
              I am 1 of 2 people I know that use shin guards so yea...My form could be better

Comment

Just embrace the bulge bro

Comment

Lean forward a bit to keep the weight off your body...I shrug 4 plates a side and it's not a problem.

Here's a dead lifting video for your form.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    Lean forward a bit to keep the weight off your body...I shrug 4 plates a side and it's not a problem.

Here's a dead lifting video for your form.

I don't think this guy has very goof form either. See how every time he drops it the bar goes around his knee.

NOW THIS GUY...Boss

Comment

Working...
                    X