No announcement yet.

Points off for pushing ? a new thing ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
    ignorance in this topic much? wlad had a point deducted for pushing in the haye fight. and that fight happened on 7/2/2011, not exactly 100 years / 2000 fights ago.

furthermore, on boxrec it says khan got 1 deducted for pushing, and the other for hitting on break. so he didn't have 2 deducted for the same foul. get your facts straight.
    Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    Go watch foreman/Qawi.

In fact.. Watch ANY foreman fight. Shoving has always been illegal and he's always been told not to do it
    What round does he lose a point ?

Just watched the 1st round and Foreman pushes him 15 times, no warning. Khan was warned in about 30 seconds.

Comment

Some people don't want to acknowledge this because it is not in their agenda. It is a result of inexperience and the referee not doing his homework on both fighters if the ref was impartial which I don't think he was. He wanted his fighter to do well, and that's it.

I will give you another example. It happened in tszyu-Hatton when Dave Paris let Hatton employ rough house tactics, difference is he didn't keep warning Tzsyu for pushing off to try and create room for himself, which any boxer would do against that type of fighter, I could give you a hundred examples...the ref was a disgrace

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
        Now this isn't a Khan cry.

Peterson was a warrior and deserved the win.

However, I don;t agree with the points taken, whether its the rules or not is irelevent. Its what happens in fights normally that should be the standard.

Now, I have nearly 2000 fights on vhs, dvd and hard drive going back to the 60's and iv'e watched them all and most at least 3-4 times and i can't for the life of me remember a fighter being docked points for pushing.

Ali used to hold guys on the inside and then push them off and punch all the time. It was almost his signature move post the vietnam ban.

So why now out of the blue is pushing a deductable offence ?

Anyone got a fight where this has happened before ?
        pushing enggh .... some people would say that the pushing was excessive...

i think that maybe he saw Cotto getting away with it against Margo ... he decided to use it ...

but to me it wasn;t really pushing ... he was trying to creat distance

Comment

Just watched the 1st round and Foreman pushes him 15 times, no warning. Khan was warned in about 30 seconds.
          in wlad-haye 7th round at least acc ording to boxrec,i'm on my phone and can't check the yt video. i just know it happened because haye was all over the place, and the ref warned wlad multiple times before deduction.

Comment

Yet Peterson was allowed to push Khan into the ropes, elbows and all?

Sorry, but the ref robbed Peterson of a legit win last night. If it's happening, you call time, warn both fighters hard that next time it's going to cost a point, and then resume action. Horrible ref.
            Last edited by turbotime; 12-11-2011, 10:57 AM.

Comment

amazing how people are ignoring the fact peterson was allowed to go in head and elbows first which led khan to push him back or down to avoid being smashed, the ref let peterson do anything he wanted but went on khan for pushing him his head down or him backwards

that ref should be sacked on the spot

Comment

Not sure what round but he is warned countless times throughout the fight leading up to and countess others, it's not a legal move. That fight personally stood out to me because of the amount of shoving when I watched it a few years ago, and it was funny to see Qawi crumble because he couldn't get inside

Comment

So why has it been let go for 100 years ?

7:40

round 10 the thrilla in manilla

Ali pushes frasier off 13 times in one round and is not warned once despite doing it at least 10 times in the 2 rounds before.

Thats just the first fight i thought of. It happens in every fight when you have an inside guy coming in on an outsdie fighter. Yet never so much as a warning until today? Ridiculous.

Its always been allowed whether its in the rules or not.
                  It's "let go" until the ref starts to zoom in on too much of it. Khan must have been warned about it at least a dozen times, before he lost a point. When he was warned ONCE, he shold have become immediately more careful not to do that.

Warnings are not just warnings, they are precursors of points deductions.

Comment

a lot of those pushes were pretty violent(for a push...elbows/forearms). I thought they were illegal...if i fighter tries to get inside you move or fight out, you can't push him way. If that was allowed there would be no inside fighting if someone could push the other guy away to avoid it. And he was warned at least 8 times. One thing i hate is a ref warning a guy over and over and not doing a thing beyond that.

That said, the ref should have "hard" warned him, telling him he would take a point away next time he does it. And he shouldn't have taken that last point away in last round. You don't take a point away in a close fight in the last round for what was a trivial push when compared to previous ones.

Comment

Mayweather was warned for pushing against Castillo, and lost a point for using his elbow.

Comment

Working...
                      X