Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realistically who do you think will take David Haye's spot against Wladimir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistically who do you think will take David Haye's spot against Wladimir?

Who do you all think will accept the right?
    Chris Arreola
    24.00%
    Nikolay Valuev
    20.00%
    Ruslan Chagaev
    28.00%
    Odlanier Solis
    0.00%
    James Toney
    4.00%
    Kevin Johnson
    8.00%
    John Ruiz
    12.00%
    Other
    4.00%

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
    Who do you all think will accept the right?
    I would prefer Valuev, but he doesn't have the courage - he has tiny gonads for such a big man.

I have a feeling Chagaev may do it, since he lost a couple of million dollars in purse when Valuev refused to fight him.

There sure are a lot of people who want the big payday and title shot! Toney, Minto, Johnson, Solis, and more.

Comment

I honestly would want to see Chagaev-Wlad. I think Chagaev is very underrated he just hasnt been healthy to show his skills

Comment

According to The Ring website, Wlad's management was contacted by over 20 heavyweights today, offering to replace Haye.

Comment

Since HBO isnt the main television network controlling this fight they dont have control over who Wlad fights, so i think if HBO dosent like the opponent they just decide not to televise.

Comment

this could be Chagaev's chance. Ive always felt like he was the darkhorse of the division. imo he has a serious chance(better than all the other names floating around) of beating Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy_Vh View Post
              this could be Chagaev's chance. Ive always felt like he was the darkhorse of the division. imo he has a serious chance(better than all the other names floating around) of beating Wlad
              Chagaev would be one of the better choices.

Best: Valuev, Chagaev, Ruiz, Povetkin, Arreola, Dimitrenko

Acceptable, but not the best: Minto, Meehan, Brewster, Johnson, Solis, JC Gomez, Cameron, Grant

Unacceptable: Toney, Holyfield, Maskaev, Rahman, Peter, Thompson

Comment

I dont think Ahmet Oner would risk Odlanier Solis' career by putting him in so early against Wlad.

Comment

I've never seen Chagaev but I think he will get the nod. Is he entertaining to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                    I've never seen Chagaev but I think he will get the nod. Is he entertaining to watch?
                    No, he's an awkward southpaw like Ibragimov and Thompson, so it will be another not-so-entertaining fight that the Wlad haters will dwell on for years to come. Ruslan is more willing to engage than Ibragimov though.

And Chagaev would be a good win on Wlad's resume.

Comment

Working...
                    X