No announcement yet.

Did the crowd get to Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the crowd get to Alexander?

He looked too tight and too desperate for something and he's only 23...I have a feeling the crowd got to his nerves he's used to having a Bradley sized crowd lol in the urango fight he looked calm, but something about tonight made him seem shaky and stiff...he didn't listen to his corner that well to...the kid was will tested tonight, pressure tested and chin tested against Urango, and Skill tested against Witter...he's well rounded and looks like he can last in worse to worse situations unlike the other JWW except Maidana...had Koltelnik been bussier he woulda won...I'm convinced that the only two guys that can beat Alexander would be Khan and Ortiz...Khan would use pressure and speed to beat him and Ortiz would be too big; even with his cautious style he would time Alexander well with counters and use his accurate punches with power to win...Alexander can beat Maidana or Bradley though

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
    had Koltelnik been bussier he woulda won...
    Or. If the judges didn't suck ****.

Comment

Bulls**t. The guy has at least 8,000 people in the crowd every fight. The only thing he was desperate for was a KO. I had him winning 115-113.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
        Bulls**t. The guy has at least 8,000 people in the crowd every fight. The only thing he was desperate for was a KO. I had him winning 115-113.
        Mentally the kid looked intimidated by something maybe floyd and holyfield being there? I heard this was his biggest crowd

Comment

it is no excuses, he didn't fight his best...THAT IS ALL!

this version of Alexander tonights doesn't beat any of the top fighters at 140 but at the same time this version of Alexander is not the version you will get every fight

I do think he got caught up into trying to impress his crowd and took WAY too many unnecessary punches to the head trying to KO Kotelnik and impress his fans and end up in a tougher fight then most people expected

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
            Mentally the kid looked intimidated by something maybe floyd and holyfield being there? I heard this was his biggest crowd
            I didn't know Holyfield was there. But Floyd has been to his fights before. And he did about 10k tonight. Definitely his biggest crowd, but he's used to having a lot of people around him. I think he was just lost once he realized that Cunningham's strategy was a failure, and I predicted that beforehand. I think people thought this would be easier for him because they thought he was a big puncher, which he is not. Ortiz, Khan and Maidana all hit harder.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              it is no excuses, he didn't fight his best...THAT IS ALL!

this version of Alexander tonights doesn't beat any of the top fighters at 140 but at the same time this version of Alexander is not the version you will get every fight

I do think he got caught up into trying to impress his crowd and took WAY too many unnecessary punches to the head trying to KO Kotelnik and impress his fans and end up in a tougher fight then most people expected
              I dont think he tried to KO Koltelnik it could be that Koltelnik just improved since the Khan fight...I gotta give him the benefot of tue doubt to...I dont think this version of Devon was the best...Devon wanted to pitty pat koltelnik as a stationary target but he was countered with rights and lost focus...I didnt see a killer instinct in Alexander untill the las 3 rounds...before then he was countered...his best option is to fight Bradley or better yet Maidana cuz Alexander is too small and not too slick for the biggest guys like Khan amd Ortiz

Comment

Just a bad night for Alexander.

It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                  I didn't know Holyfield was there. But Floyd has been to his fights before. And he did about 10k tonight. Definitely his biggest crowd, but he's used to having a lot of people around him. I think he was just lost once he realized that Cunningham's strategy was a failure, and I predicted that beforehand. I think people thought this would be easier for him because they thought he was a big puncher, which he is not. Ortiz, Khan and Maidana all hit harder.
                  Maidana would lose to alexander by a wide UD amd he got a lucky uppercut against urango especially when urango lunged into them...Khan would be able to take his hooks and straight punches, and Ortiz would pressure him like Koltelnik did and probably go for a stoppage...Bradley vs Alexander makes sense to me...Alexander will correct his mistakes

Comment

Working...
                  X