No announcement yet.

Man's best friend or just an animal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man's best friend or just an animal?

Who here believes dogs are either loved as part of the family or just an animal?

Had an argument the other day with this worker from my job who was talking **** about dogs and I spoke up about my dog and how he is part of the family and how he has feelings and can understand human emotion and my coworker was adamant that they're just animals meant to be used for work and have no feelings and should be treated as such.

Your coworker's a dumbass. A good dog can be one of the most loyal friends you could have.

Comment

I don't have any pets so I wouldn't know but my daughter owns a dog and she loves that dog more than anything and my grandmother forget about it she would disown me for her dogs, I even get Christmas cards from the dogs...

Comment

They are like kids. They depend on you to feed them, bathe them and when you get home they run to you, excited to see you!

Me and my wife are planning to have our first kid this coming year, but it's like we already have a kid.

Comment

Animals are bros. You can gauge the character of a person by how they treat and relate to animals. Dogs and cats can be great companions and lifelong friends and are much smarter and sophisticated than they're given credit for by the plebs. Farm animals are the same way but most people view them as food and choose not to get attached.

Comment

If I may quote a passage from the Bible, Genesis 9:2, "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered."

If I may continue, Genesis 9:3, "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things"

We have dominion over every living thing that creepeth upon the earth, therefore we may eat them. And the Lord said let it be, and it was good. Does not the Lord give us dominion over all these stupid animals? Intelligent and friendly? Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
            Last edited by Null; 12-11-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

That's what I was saying to the guy I simply told him you never owned one. I grew up with dogs my whole life even though coming from a Hispanic household my mother would always say get that animal away from me....till one day that she was extremely sad my pit bull placed his head on her lap and looked up at her with those "hey are you OK"? eyes and I personally saw my mom say do you know I'm sad (in Spanish of course) and he licked her face and nudged her face upwards like a keep your chin up type of nudge. The very next day my mother was out taking him for a walk and would always feed him and talk to him and he always loved her even though she never showed him affection before. A couple of other coworkers were like its just an animal you're wasting money on them and I just couldn't deal with it and cit the convoy short with a you guys will never know and changed the subject

Comment

Were you talking to Mark by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                  If I may quote a passage from the Bible, Genesis 9:2, "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered."

If I may continue, Genesis 9:3, "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things"

We have dominion over every living thing that creepeth upon the earth, therefore we may eat them. And the Lord said let it be, and it was good. Does not the Lord give us dominion over all these stupid animals? Intelligent and friendly? Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
                  Humans are animals, can we eat them too?

Comment

I know it's cheesy, but I don't give a shit.....

This thread made me give my two knuckle heads a big ole hug.

Comment

Working...
                    X