Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the HW Marketability over? Can Wilder be a bigger PPV star than Floyd/Pac if he

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPV isn't going to last in America forever. Network tv has to be the future for any sport looking to stick around and make the big bucks. That's when the sponsors and endorsements come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
      Its poeple like this that i wish would go away to ufc. They are so negative and most have no idea what they are saying. IF Wilder gains those belts and continue with the one punch kos, he will bring the heavyweight divison back. He is very Emotional. He brings attitudee and excitment.
      Look dude I'm being realistic! This guy is 27 years old and has yet to fight anyone of note. Who is his biggest win? he has 100% KO but when you look between the lines you realize why he has such a high ko %. This guy is fighting nobodies. He might as well fight Kimbo Slice for crying out loud.

You see 100% KO percentage and you don't think about it critically. Look what happened to Tyrone Brunson once he stepped up in competition. When Tyrone Brunson was knocking out all those guys I bet you thought he was going to be a PPV Superstar am I right?

Comment

If he succeeds in stepping up in competition and knocks all these people out or wins impressively plus beats the Klitschkos then yeah its definitely possible.

Thats the thing though nobody can beat the Klitschkos right now so until that happens their will be no american breakout star.

Wilder can crack but honestly if hes lucky he can be as good as Shannon Briggs a guy that can crack with a decent offense when hes in control but once a klitchko cracks him hell fold. He got dropped as an olympian. Not very promising especially when they protect him with tomato cans to protect his chin.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          americans aren't nearly as biased as you think we are, man.

when the best come to your country to fight your biases loosen.
          yes we are, l;ol;, you have to come to america in order to be considered any good and for some reason when foreign fighters al;l; come to america, they al;l l;ose horribl;e decisions,

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            if the right american star with the right (ideally american,) opponents shows up then yes, he can surpass manny and floyd mayweather.

wilder certainly isnt the guy to do that. i don't know if he'll even be a top 10 HW, never mind a crossover star
            ward definitel;y is #1 p4p though, l;ol;, hes straight l;egit, i have never seen anything resembl;ing a robery to him , l;ol, i hate ward but dude is #1

Comment

Come on now. Get serious... Wilder? No offense, the only way I see the heavyweight division coming back to the main stream PPV draw is with a clean cut white heavyweight, like jack Dempsey. I don't mean this in any way racist, just marketability stand point. All the action is in the lower weights. Lots of competition. Real boxing fans will pay to see that regardless who it is. If there's a white americN heavyweight with movie star looks and personality then everyone will pay, regardless of what bums he fights. Again, not being racist. Just looking at the marketing strategy of every entertainment industry. That said, there are none on the horizon.

Comment

Working...
              X