Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moral question of the day: What would you have done???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Moral question of the day: What would you have done???

Your bank accidentally deposits tens of thousands of dollars in your account.

What would you do ?????

One man is facing possible jail time after he allegedly spent tens of thousands of dollars that Wells Fargo accidentally deposited into his account.

Joseph Bucci woke up one day to find $70,000 in his Wells Fargo bank account, which previously had about $35 dollars. Police allege Bucci knew the money wasn’t his, but went on a month long spending spree anyway; now, he’s facing felony charges and seven to 14 years in jail.

An internal Wells Fargo investigation found that a teller at one of the bank’s branches accidentally typed Bucci’s account number, depositing $69,300 in checks in March that was intended for another account.

So what exactly did Bucci buy with all of that magic money? A four-month old golden retriever, a trip to Florida and a used car among other things, CBS News reports.

"I knew it was going to catch up to me… just didn’t know it was going to be this bad," Bucci told CBS.

One savvy German man, known as "Michael H" was actually able to benefit from money that his bank mistakenly put in his account and unlike Hurring and Bucci, he isn’t facing criminal charges. After Comdirect accidentally dumped 200 million euros into his account, Michael moved some of the money into his account at a different bank, according to British personal finance site Thisismoney.co.uk. Though Comdirect withdrew the erroneous deposit, a court ruled that the man can keep the 12,000 euros in interest that he earned while the cash was sitting in his account.

if i got that 200 million im cashing out and getting off to my own private villa in colombia, **** the 12000 interst.

Comment

I would have someone else in my circle, but not close enough, to "take my card and use it for both of us". If the bank asks, it got stolen, identity theft type sh!t. If they ask, I don't know a damn thing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
        I would have someone else in my circle, but not close enough, to "take my card and use it for both of us". If the bank asks, it got stolen, identity theft type sh!t. If they ask, I don't know a damn thing about it.
        ye, but the bank normally phone you up to double check if there are erratic spending habbits with your card all of a sudden. well my bank does anyway

Comment

Return it, the bank is not going to sleep on that much money

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            Your bank accidentally deposits tens of thousands of dollars in your account.

What would you do ?????

One man is facing possible jail time after he allegedly spent tens of thousands of dollars that Wells Fargo accidentally deposited into his account.

Joseph Bucci woke up one day to find $70,000 in his Wells Fargo bank account, which previously had about $35 dollars. Police allege Bucci knew the money wasn’t his, but went on a month long spending spree anyway; now, he’s facing felony charges and seven to 14 years in jail.

An internal Wells Fargo investigation found that a teller at one of the bank’s branches accidentally typed Bucci’s account number, depositing $69,300 in checks in March that was intended for another account.

So what exactly did Bucci buy with all of that magic money? A four-month old golden retriever, a trip to Florida and a used car among other things, CBS News reports.

"I knew it was going to catch up to me… just didn’t know it was going to be this bad," Bucci told CBS.

One savvy German man, known as "Michael H" was actually able to benefit from money that his bank mistakenly put in his account and unlike Hurring and Bucci, he isn’t facing criminal charges. After Comdirect accidentally dumped 200 million euros into his account, Michael moved some of the money into his account at a different bank, according to British personal finance site Thisismoney.co.uk. Though Comdirect withdrew the erroneous deposit, a court ruled that the man can keep the 12,000 euros in interest that he earned while the cash was sitting in his account.
            TEll the bank, nobody and I mean nobody looses that kind of money and doesnt look for it... Money is a priorty and we defend it like nothing else man... If the bank was the medium you know sooner or later theyll find you...

Comment

Buy me a ****ty car and install 45" rims on it.

Comment

Ridiculous that he's facing so much jail time. The money was given to him, he didn't actively seek to gain it illegally. In situations like that the bank should take responsibility for their mistake and rely on the good nature of the customers who find themselves in this situation

Comment

Just return it...report the error.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                    Ridiculous that he's facing so much jail time. The money was given to him, he didn't actively seek to gain it illegally. In situations like that the bank should take responsibility for their mistake and rely on the good nature of the customers who find themselves in this situation
                    Yeah, they kind of treat it as if he robbed the bank ......

Only banks are allowed to rob and create money out of thin air.

Banks through fractional lending only have to have 10% of the money lent to consumers, while charging interest on the full 100%.

Comment

Working...
                    X