No announcement yet.

Greatest boxing Trilogy of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest boxing Trilogy of all time?

There are many famous boxing trilogies but which was the best ever?

I thought about Chad Dawson vs Glen Johnson but they only fought twice. If they make a rubber match they would probably be in the running.
    Bernard Hopkins vs Robert "Armed & Dangerous" Allen
    33.33%
    Antonio "Magic Man" Tarver vs Roy Jones Jr
    33.33%
    John "The Quiet Man" Ruiz vs Evander Holyfield
    33.33%
    Last edited by elfag; 03-28-2012, 04:23 PM.

Lord, are these the best you could think of? Of all time!

Maybe you could throw in some of the following:

Ali vs Frazier
    Barerra vs Moralles
    Pacquiou vs Moralles
    Gatti vs Ward
    Bowe vs Holyfield
    Ali vs Norton
    Leonard vs Duran

Comment

Barerra vs Morales and Ali vs Frazier are my two favourites. Pacquiao vs Marquez also.

Comment

Vazquez-Marquez is probably my personal favorite, even though it's a four fight series now. Many trilogies have fights that aren't as good as the other two, but Vazquez and Marquez had a better fight than the previous one every single time IMO, and Vazquez securing the victory in the third fight with a final round knockdown was perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Vazquez-Marquez is probably my personal favorite, even though it's a four fight series now. Many trilogies have fights that aren't as good as the other two, but Vazquez and Marquez had a better fight than the previous one every single time IMO, and Vazquez securing the victory in the third fight with a final round knockdown was perfect.

That is a very good choice. Certainly much better than the ones listed on that lame poll.

Comment

Holyfield Vs. Ruiz is the most action-packed trilogy of all time!

Comment

Didn't Diego Corrales fight a classic trilogy with someone too? He was considered a great warrior. That's usually the type of fighter I like to watch too. That's a career set I still have to aquire and watch. Right now I'm on Barerra and then onto Mosley. I'd say Gatti/Ward of the ones I've seen. Ali/Frazier is another great one, no doubt. It's what a fight is supposed to be. Both guys pushed each other to the limit, refused to quit and were willing to fight until the final bell or until someone dropped or stopped the fight, like Gatti and Ward. Barrera/Morales I liked a lot too. Pacquiao/Marquez I rank a little lower, as I don't consider the 3rd fight quite as exciting, same with Leonard/Duran. Holyfield/Bowe is another one I like. The 3rd fight is almost as good as the first 2 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                Lord, are these the best you could think of? Of all time!

Maybe you could throw in some of the following:

Ali vs Frazier
                Barerra vs Moralles
                Pacquiou vs Moralles
                Gatti vs Ward
                Bowe vs Holyfield
                Ali vs Norton
                Leonard vs Duran
                All pale in comparison to the great Ruiz-Holyfield triology.

Comment

How about none of those. I'd say Pac-Juan.

Comment

Holyfield vs Bowe trilogy definitely had it over Holyfield vs Ruiz.

Comment

Working...
                    X