No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Gonzalez Falls in Line For Ricky Burns Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Gonzalez Falls in Line For Ricky Burns Showdown

Puerto Rico's Jose Gonzalez (21-0, 16KOs) will be placed in the number one ranked position by the World Boxing Organization.

Gonzalez captured the WBO Latino lightweight title in June 2011 and retained the title four times.

The WBO's full lightweight champion, Ricky Burns (35-2, 10KOs), defends the title against Liam Walsh (13-0, 10KOs) on December 15th in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good opportunity for Jose

Comment

If there is a God, Walsh shall be struck with an affliction which does not allow him to fight in December and is replaced by Jose Gonzalez.

Time for Burns to prove his worth.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        If there is a God, Walsh shall be struck with an affliction which does not allow him to fight in December and is replaced by Jose Gonzalez.

Time for Burns to prove his worth.

Beating Gonzalez proves Burns's worth? Gonzalez hasn't beat anyone of note. Its pretty much the same kind of fight against Walsh, neither one of them has the experience to have a chance against Burns. It sounds like Burns wants the DeMarco Broner winner next.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
          Beating Gonzalez proves Burns's worth? Gonzalez hasn't beat anyone of note. Its pretty much the same kind of fight against Walsh, neither one of them has the experience to have a chance against Burns. It sounds like Burns wants the DeMarco Broner winner next.
          Did I say beating Gonzalez does anything for Burns?

It's a better fight than Walsh, tenfold. If he's going to defend his title in December against someone who doesn't pose that much threat then it should've been Gonzalez and not a super-featherweight.

' Proving his worth ' part was in relation to Burns' recent opponent and his opponent in December, he needs to be fighting better ranked opposition. His run at super-featherweight was a bit of a joke and whilst he's started off well at Lightweight, he's starting to regress.

Comment

Did I say beating Gonzalez does anything for Burns?

It's a better fight than Walsh, tenfold. If he's going to defend his title in December against someone who doesn't pose that much threat then it should've been Gonzalez and not a super-featherweight.

' Proving his worth ' part was in relation to Burns' recent opponent and his opponent in December, he needs to be fighting better ranked opposition. His run at super-featherweight was a bit of a joke and whilst he's started off well at Lightweight, he's starting to regress.
            It was implied. The Gonzalez fight is another easy fight for Burns, so whats the difference? The Walsh fight is a stay busy fight and nothing more. Is a great fight, no it isn't but I don't really have a problem with him staying busy while waiting to see who wins the DeMarco Broner fight. If he takes another easy fight after this like a Gonzalez fight, then I'll agree he's starting to regress.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
              It was implied. The Gonzalez fight is another easy fight for Burns, so whats the difference? The Walsh fight is a stay busy fight and nothing more. Is a great fight, no it isn't but I don't really have a problem with him staying busy while waiting to see who wins the DeMarco Broner fight. If he takes another easy fight after this like a Gonzalez fight, then I'll agree he's starting to regress.
              This fight against Walsh is a farce. Walsh is a super-featherweight who's fought once in 13 months and looked terrible. He was due to fight on November 30th to keep him active and ends up fighting December against Burns.

Don't give me the 'stay busy' bullshit. If he wants a meaningless fight, he should've fought Gonzalez. You seem to think he's waiting to see how DeMarco-Broner plays out, this isn't the case. He'll end up fighting Gonzalez and a variety of fighters in WBO's top 15 @ 135 before cashing out on a big fight with a champion.

Going from Mitchell to Walsh is absurd, it's like Wlad having a stay busy fight against Kelvin Price.

Comment

This fight against Walsh is a farce. Walsh is a super-featherweight who's fought once in 13 months and looked terrible. He was due to fight on November 30th to keep him active and ends up fighting December against Burns.

Don't give me the 'stay busy' bullshit. If he wants a meaningless fight, he should've fought Gonzalez. You seem to think he's waiting to see how DeMarco-Broner plays out, this isn't the case. He'll end up fighting Gonzalez and a variety of fighters in WBO's top 15 @ 135 before cashing out on a big fight with a champion.

Going from Mitchell to Walsh is absurd, it's like Wlad having a stay busy fight against Kelvin Price.

Gonzalez just fought a week or 2 ago and probably wouldn't be ready on Dec 15th anyways. Their both **** fights I could care less seeing. But I don't really have a problem with Burns staying busy, lots of fighters do it. There have been worse fights made before.

Comment

Working...
                X