No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner-Maidana Now Free, Big Fall Changes on SHO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner-Maidana Now Free, Big Fall Changes on SHO

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, and Showtime Sports VP Stephen Espinoza, have officially announced that Showtime's televised card on November 30th in Texas has been canceled and the fights have been shuffled off to Golden Boy's two December events, also televised on Showtime.

Added to December 7th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Devon Alexander (26-1, 14KOs) will now defend his IBF welterweight title against Shawn Porter (22-0-1, 14KOs).

The card is still headlined by a welterweight bout between Paulie Malignaggi (37-5, 7KOs) and Zab Judah (42-8, 29KOs).

Also, Sakio Bika (32-5, 7KOs) will defend his WBC middleweight title against Anthony Dirrell (26-0, 22KOs), and Erislandy Lara (18-1-2, 12KOs) will face Austin Trout (26-1, 14KOs) for the vacant WBA junior middleweight title. [Click Here To Read More]

Wow, that guy was right.
    Good

Comment

Karass Vs Thurman interests me ALOT.

war Karass.

Comment

a friend of mine that works for GB told me they were widely considering not making it a PPV so I was surprised to hear that they went with it. But now I guess not, this is a good thing.

And I kinda like Ortiz vs Gomez...Gomez will bring it to him so Ortiz better be ready physically and mentally
        Last edited by thuggery; 10-26-2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Also nice... Ortiz vs Gomez.
          Ortiz probably wins on the cards, but Gomez gives him a fight

Comment

Victor Ortiz vs. Alfonso Gomez now. Hmmmm....

Comment

action packed

Comment

Four decent-good match-ups on one card. I hope the Alexander/Porter match is enjoyable, Devon's last outing at the Barclays was awful.

Comment

"Not a ppv event, but will be pushed like one"

What does that mean?

Comment

Nice. That's 60 bucks I'll save at Christmas time.

Comment

Working...
                    X