This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police arrest 2 teens after baby shot in stroller in robbery attempt

Brunswick, Ga. • A pair of teenagers was arrested Friday and accused of fatally shooting a 13-month-old baby in the face and wounding his mother during their morning stroll through a leafy, historic neighborhood in southeast Georgia.

Sherry West had just been to the post office a few blocks from her apartment Thursday morning and was pushing her son, Antonio, in his stroller as they walked past gnarled oak trees and blooming azaleas in the coastal city of Brunswick.

West said a tall, skinny teenager, accompanied by a smaller boy, asked her for money.

"He asked me for money and I said I didn’t have it," she told The Associated Press Friday from her apartment, which was scattered with her son’s toys and movies.

"When you have a baby, you spend all your money on babies. They’re expensive. And he kept asking and I just said ‘I don’t have it.’ And he said, ‘Do you want me to kill your baby?’ And I said, ‘No, don’t kill my baby!’"

Authorities said one of the teens fired four shots, grazing West’s ear and striking her in the leg, before he walked around to the stroller and shot the baby in the face.

Seventeen-year-old De’Marquis Elkins is charged as an adult with first-degree murder, along with a 14-year-old who was not identified because he is a juvenile, Police Chief Tobe Green said. It wasn’t immediately clear whether the boys had attorneys.

Police announced the arrest Friday afternoon after combing school records and canvassing neighborhoods searching for the pair. The chief said the motive of the "horrendous act" was still under investigation and the weapon had not been found.

"I feel glad that justice will be served," West said. "It’s not something I’m going to live with very well. I’m just glad they caught him."

West said detectives showed her photographs of about 24 young men. She pointed to one, saying he looked like the gunman.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/5...y-son.html.csp

RIP!!!!!!

17yr old piece of shlt!!!

Heard about this earlier today on the radio. Truly disgusting.

If only that baby had had a gun....

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Heard about this earlier today on the radio. Truly disgusting.

If only that baby had had a gun....

Comment

this hurt my heart! So sad! Poor Kid! The same woman had a son that was 18 yrs old that dies 5 years ago in a stabbing!

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/...dler_shot.html

Comment

kill them **** aint a PC yard made secure enough to keep these **** from getting handled.

Comment

This ***** is disgusting! What kind of sociopath shoots a baby in a stroller?? I don't care if you are the most vile and evil person in the world there are limits man limits! Couldn't they just cut their loses??? move on??? pick on a rival gang or something?

Well in retrospect this is almost too common in our modern world, cartel violence, drive by's etc yeah we are all screwed.........
            Last edited by ßringer; 03-22-2013, 10:51 PM. Reason: Graphic/Gory death video removed. Do not post it again.

Comment

If Obama had a son, he would look like De’Marquis Elkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  only if he married wesley snipes

Comment

This is sick. How can you kill a kid for no reason! I wonder why he really didnt care if he shot the baby! WTF went through this dirt bags head when he decided to pull the trigger on a innocent baby! Sick muthafuker!

Comment

Working...
                    X