Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am i the only one who thinks Akiyama vs. Belcher wasn't a robbery at all?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had it 29 - 28 Sexyama!! I was shocked when Rogan start mouthing off about it being a robbery!!

Comment

Rogan was dead wrong saying it was a robbery

i scored it 29-28 akiyama

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
        Rogan was a bit biased because him and Belcher are buddies
        I agree. You can hear bias in his commentary if you listen carefully.

Like when GSP was beating the **** out of Fitch, Joe Rogan made a comment about the tiny cut on GSP's head and remark about it being an "interesting turn of events" and it wasn't even a bad cut.

And when Werdum was finishing Gonzaga he was like "Oh no"

Sometimes also a fighter that he likes will throw a jab and he'll be like "nice shot there by insert fighter name here"

and then his opponent with throw an impressive combination and he won't say anything

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
          I just rewatched the fight cause i had missed the ending on saturday, i though Akiyama won the first round clearly, second round goes to Belcher. Third round was a little close but Akiyama clearly won it.

When Rogan said it was a robbery i was like "Wtf?" it seems they always favor the american fighters.

What do you guys think?
          By no means was the fight a robbery at all. Akiyama beat him at every aspect of the fight for three full rounds

Originally posted by 2FastByFar View Post
          I scored it 30-27 Akiyama although I wouldn't have argued with a 10-10 second round. As for Rogan I think he's just pretty crappy at calling the standup game.
          I think this just about sums it up. You can argue a 10-10 rounds, but there is no way Belcher won a single round of the fight. Personally I scored it 30-27

Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
          Belcher and Rogan come from the same grappling school.
          Rogan is a ****ing idiot. He's living proof that not anyone can commentate well. He always roots for certain fighters. It's sickening. I couldn't believe he kept pointing out **** for Belcher when he was getting tattoo'd in the first round.

Comment

Akiyama won it 29/28, that ***** didn't even give credit to Akiyama for punching Belcher's face into a ****in pizza, Belcher being the much bigger man. Akiyama could have KOed him. If he gets a good boxing trainer, with his powerful hands, he should go very far in the UFC.

Comment

i had akiyama for the win to. in fact, my first 4 picks all won that night. anyways, it was a clear victory in my eyes.

so, question is really, who besides rogan thought akiyama lost?

yeah, that bias commentary must have carried over into the darchinyin fight. i thought the commentary was HUGELY bias in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                I just rewatched the fight cause i had missed the ending on saturday, i though Akiyama won the first round clearly, second round goes to Belcher. Third round was a little close but Akiyama clearly won it.

When Rogan said it was a robbery i was like "Wtf?" it seems they always favor the american fighters.

What do you guys think?
                I had Akiyama winning as well. he took the first 2 rounds, and the last round was a toss-up IMO.

I don't know which fight rogan and goldberg were watching.

Comment

I had Akiyama winning every round, round 2 was close but i think Akiyama did enough to win that one too. Rogan should not be allowed to express his ignorant opinions while commentating just call the damn fight.

Comment

I thought Akiyama won it at the time. You could make a case for Belcher but to call it a robbery is bordering on lunacy.

Comment

29/28, Akiyama.

Comment

Working...
                      X