No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale Praying Carl Froch Faces Him in The Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale Praying Carl Froch Faces Him in The Future

WBC silver super middleweight champion James DeGale is praying that IBF king Carl Froch sticks around long enough for the two of them to face each other in the ring. DeGale defends his WBC title against Argentine Pablo Farias at Bluewater’s Glow arena on March 23. Froch will face Mikkel Kessler in a mouthwatering rematch on May 25th in the UK. DeGale hopes Froch does not emulate British legend Joe Calzaghe by announcing his retirement before the two of them could fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Look for an early grave much james? I'd like to say his movement + suothpaw could bother Carl, yet i'm sure i remember him getting trapped on the ropes too easily/willingly against waaay lesser fighters, Carl would incapacitate him ala Bute on them ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJab View Post
      Look for an early grave much james? I'd like to say his movement + suothpaw could bother Carl, yet i'm sure i remember him getting trapped on the ropes too easily/willingly against waaay lesser fighters, Carl would incapacitate him ala Bute on them ropes.
      Totally. At the same point in his career, Froch was dispatching with ease the level of opponents that cause DeGale all kinds of headaches. It would be a total mismatch. Froch too strong, too fit, and hits too hard for DeGale to go more than 6-7 rounds with him. Groves would stand a better chance, because the lad can move on his feet and fight to a game plan, although would likely lose too.

Comment

What James done has a professional absoloutley nothing - ah losing to Groves who he said he would knock out and we saw what happened there - I don't know if anyone remembers what Degale did at the one of the press conferences before the Groves fight he pushed George into a corner by making him take a bet that the winner gets both purses and as far as I know he never paid Groves his purse when he lost another big mouthed yob.

Comment

we can translate it like "I dont care about Froch, but the paycheck would be just great! I want this money!"

Comment

Man so much hate for Degale, hes a prospect who wants to eventually fight the top guys in the division... kind of like every prospect ever.

He's working his way up the right way even if he is having some tougher than expected fights.

Comment

DeGale is a good fighter who's progress has been slower than expected. But he is learning fight by fight. I just don't see him reaching the world level and being successful anymore. There was a time when he looked superb but he has plateaued and will remain a very good European level fighter.

Comment

I can see why Degale wants it...massive fight...Froch perhaps past it and worn down by then but even then I think he smashes James up.

Degale loves to stay in on the ropes and if you do that against Froch, you're asking for it. Just look at the Bute fight.

I'm still waiting for Degale to really kick on now...he's got a lot of talent but he's with the wrong coach IMO who gasses him up to be something he's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Man so much hate for Degale, hes a prospect who wants to eventually fight the top guys in the division... kind of like every prospect ever.

He's working his way up the right way even if he is having some tougher than expected fights.
                  Hi Tom - I don't hate Degale I can't hate anyone I have never met - I dislike him and despise him for his attitude and how from the word go hedisrespects Groves and his utter treatment of him leading up to their fight calling him insulting names etc and his never done much as pro so far - his a bigmouth yob and he needs to grow up now his starting the Calzaghe v Froch rivalry all over again where peoples opinions are split - he needs to concentrate on his next fight instead of all this rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                    Hi Tom - I don't hate Degale I can't hate anyone I have never met - I dislike him and despise him for his attitude and how from the word go hedisrespects Groves and his utter treatment of him leading up to their fight calling him insulting names etc and his never done much as pro so far - his a bigmouth yob and he needs to grow up now his starting the Calzaghe v Froch rivalry all over again where peoples opinions are split - he needs to concentrate on his next fight instead of all this rubbish.
                    The Groves fight had genuine bad blood between them which is what made it so exciting, a big part of that was Degale's (occasionally poor) smack talk.

I dunno i just think we should judge him on his actions rather than his personality. At moment he isnt really doing anything that i wouldnt expect a prospect to do. Working his way up the rankings, picking up british/commonwealth/euro titles, now moving slowly into world level with WBC silver. Him expressing a desire to fight the top guys in the division is not bad or unexpected. Its not like he is claiming he deserves a shot now

Comment

Working...
                    X