Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kanat Islam - The future?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When clicking I thought this was a computer match-up opponent for Tiger Muhammad.

Now I see Kanat is the real deal, hopefully he makes some noise.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Anybody have video of him destroying Humberto Toledo? I have to say Toledo does not belong at 154, he has spent most his career operating at 135 & 140, he was only 140 in his last fight a few months back in a lop-sided points loss to Paul Spadafora.

That is question, video?

Comment

Originally posted by talha View Post
        That is question, video?

May be some body from USA can help us with videos. Any body from US?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Anybody have video of him destroying Humberto Toledo? I have to say Toledo does not belong at 154, he has spent most his career operating at 135 & 140, he was only 140 in his last fight a few months back in a lop-sided points loss to Paul Spadafora.

Kanat has a series of videos of his fights but management is not going to be putting his fights on Youtube at the moment. We are making a collection for TV.
          RayNelo Management, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            He doesn't look good to me, just a wild dude with sloppy technique, has nothing in common with GGG except the power and country of birth.
            Agreed.

Consider he is 28, if he was 8 years younger I'd give him more chances to improve.

He not only swings wild, but seems to have a limited defense, head movement in particular.In the second video you can see him getting tagged a couple of times by a rather unimpressive jab-straight right combination.

He doesn't seem particularly fleet footed either. All my best wishes , and I wish he will prove me wrong, but I didn't see anything close to top level in these videos.
            Last edited by B-Bomber; 01-04-2013, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
              Agreed.

Consider he is 28, if he was 8 years younger I'd give him more chances to improve.

He not only swings wild, but seems to have a limited defense, head movement in particular.In the second video you can see him getting tagged a couple of times by a rather unimpressive jab-straight right combination.

He doesn't seem particularly fleet footed either. All my best wishes , and I wish he will prove me wrong, but I didn't see anything close to top level in these videos.
              These videos are not pro boxing, it is WSB and quite old. After WSB he did 8 fights in pro. All of them won with KO and TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                They must call him "the bomber" because Islam's style is explosive, baby!
                Shut up..........

Comment

He looks decent but keep him away from my super prospect Culcay. This guy will eventually be brought in as an easy win for some American HBO hyped up LMW and he will upset the apple cart. He is ranked 25 in the world right now and he is pretty green but he has the skills to be a the man at this weight.

14-0 (10 KOs) 71.43 KO%, 4 fights in 2012 all 4 won by KO/TKO

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...8703&cat=boxer

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    He looks decent but keep him away from my super prospect Culcay. This guy will eventually be brought in as an easy win for some American HBO hyped up LMW and he will upset the apple cart. He is ranked 25 in the world right now and he is pretty green but he has the skills to be a the man at this weight.

14-0 (10 KOs) 71.43 KO%, 4 fights in 2012 all 4 won by KO/TKO

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...8703&cat=boxer

@Dan_Cov: I want to slap you.

@Mathed: Did you not see his fight against Thompson? Culcay's limitations have already been exposed by a domestic level fighter, he has a dim future.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      @Dan_Cov: I want to slap you.

@Mathed: Did you not see his fight against Thompson? Culcay's limitations have already been exposed by a domestic level fighter, he has a dim future.
                      You mean the Thompson he beat by 5th round TKO?

Comment

Working...
                      X