Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins-Calzaghe - who won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the fight was kind of similar to pac vs JMM 3, one guy landing lots of **** punches with the other landing less but better looking punches. imo calzaghe won the fight because his workrate was much better, but hopkins clearly had much better boxing skills than Calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by Pac_tard View Post
      I thought the fight was kind of similar to pac vs JMM 3, one guy landing lots of **** punches with the other landing less but better looking punches. imo calzaghe won the fight because his workrate was much better, but hopkins clearly had much better boxing skills than Calzaghe
      The only skills Hop has better than anyone are faking injury, throwing low blows and just generally fighting dirty. His fights against Joe, RJJ2 and Dawson are an absolute disgrace to the sport. How anyone can support such a dirty cheating "fighter" (in quotes cause fighting is that last thing he does) is beyond me. Look how many times he faked injury against Joe and RJJ. If he had any belief in his fighting abilities he wouldn't rely on conning the ref/judges to secure victory.

Originally posted by Fix View Post
      you obviously dont know anything about enzo calzaghe if you think he's the type of trainer who ever used reverse psychology in ANY fight.. he is a "call it how i see it" trainer.. if he thinks you're losing or winning, he'll tell you straight.. so just accept that he had joe losing the fight, and go watch more fights where enzo is in the corner, he NEVER used reverse psychology before.. so stop you're excuses and BS..

much obliged.
      Obviously Joe's dad will tell him to go for the ko cause the world knows what happens when you fight someone in their back yard. You wouldn't have seen this from Enzo in the past cause Joe never had any close fights, and they were all in Europe anyways so he never had to worry about a hometown robbery.

Much obliged.
      Last edited by chaos; 04-26-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

clean effective punching - all hopkins
        defense - all hopkins
        ring generalship - hopkins early, even mid rounds, calzaghe late
        effective aggression - nobody, hopkins wasnt aggressive and calzaghe wasnt effective.

hopkins won the fight.

calzaghe did put him on the ropes a bit in the mid rounds and alot late in the fight which is good ring generalship but thats it. he was missing damn near everything he threw which not only scores him no points but scores hopkins points in the defense category. when joe did land it wasnt clean and did no real damage. hopkins on the other hand walked calzaghe into short counters and hurt him on 3-4 diffrent occassions.

very clean effective work from hopkins in addition to the masterful defense. in many spots he showed superior ring generalship also turning and controling calzaghe, especially early.

neither fighter was aggressive in an effective way, hopkins was very defensive and calzaghes work was ass. joe came on strong late when old man hopkins slowed down from the pressure joe was applying (that ring generalship) but calzaghe couldnt take him out like he had to, he was too far behind to win (or should have been).

the ppl who scored it for calzaghe either scored with their ears or they dont know the diffrence from a missed punch and a landed punch. probably dont give no credit to defense either like most fake fans.

hopkins won on clean effective punches, damage and defense.

Comment

#1Assassin has it right. And I think that video of father telling son renders this thread as 'answered'. Good day, peeps.

Comment

Originally posted by egodfather View Post
            #1Assassin has it right. And I think that video of father telling son renders this thread as 'answered'. Good day, peeps.
            I tend to judge fights by watching the boxing that takes part in the rounds, you seem to think what the cornermen say to the fighter counts for more.

Different courses for different horses I suppose.

Comment

Hopkins won a close one

Comment

I had Hopkins winning in that one.

PS - anyone who uses the ''even Calzaghe's dad was telling him he was losing the fight'' to point out Hopkins should have won is a clown.

Comment

Had Calzaghe winning the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    I had Hopkins winning in that one.

PS - anyone who uses the ''even Calzaghe's dad was telling him he was losing the fight'' to point out Hopkins should have won is a clown.
                    Agreed on the second point, it's the saddest reasoning I've ever heard in my life. I wonder how people with such limited mental capacity can function in everyday life.

Comment

calzaghe outpointed hopkins easy

Comment

Working...
                      X