No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Won't Rule Out Mayweather, Canelo, Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Won't Rule Out Mayweather, Canelo, Chavez

WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (37-2, 30KOs) is officially a free agent. The Puerto Rican star's contract with Top Rank expired on December 31st. Cotto is sizing up his options for 2012 and he doesn't rule out any of the possibilities. Cotto is planning to continue working with Top Rank, likely without a contract, on a fight by fight basis.

[Click Here To Read More]

Why would he, they are the biggest money fights out there for him.

He didn't re-sign with Arum yet? Makes things interesting.
    Last edited by Gonzalez_Boxing; 01-02-2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Because Miguel Cotto is now big enough to have promoters signed on a fight-by-fight basis. He's no longer a small name trying to get the big contracts with top promoters.

Comment

Perfect! This is the best thing Cotto could have done, Arum is a serious player and has gotten Miguel big fights but by going in on a fight by fight basis he is not restricting himself to facing ONLY Top Rank fighters! Lets get Cotto vs Alvarez made!

I still think Bob will be a big influence though and will push for Chavez, a fight i dont like...

Comment

None of the three mentioned seems likely for Cotto's next bout, a rematch with Pacquiao can happen by the end of the year, for now im really guessing whom he's gonna fight next, maybe against a no-name first.

Comment

Cotto needs to let Arum know the deal and make him work with GBP on a few fights. Kirkland and Canelo are the best fights for him at 154. Floyd at 147 would be good too.

Comment

Originally posted by El Indio Taino View Post
              Cotto needs to let Arum know the deal and make him work with GBP on a few fights. Kirkland and Canelo are the best fights for him at 154. Floyd at 147 would be good too.
              I agree with Canelo, but Kirkland would be a stupid fight for him to take at this point in his career.

Comment

a rematch with pac is nonsense...

he should push himself for chavez or alvarez...

or chicken floyd at 154...

Comment

good for cotto,he should let golden boy promote his next fight and it should be with floyd

big money for both and tell arum to **** off

Comment

I'm really happy for Cotto. Who knows where his career goes from here

Comment

Working...
                    X