No announcement yet.

The Rock: "Rugby is tougher than American Football"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played both, love both.

Rugby players have better conditioning but the larger NFL players have more explosion and raw power. I'd get more roughed up playing rugby though, but had more fun playing football and I needed to up my stregnth to play defensive end that at the time was fine for rugby as a second row or loose forward. My Dad is a Kiwi so you know this is a balanced take on things.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      Why would I reply to the full post? It's a list of irrelevancies. It's a debate about which sport is tougher/more physically demanding to play, not which sport has the bigger/stronger/faster athletes.

The only reason I quoted that particular sentence is because of how laughable it is that somehow you think a player being asked some pre-draft questions is somehow relevant to an argument about how physically demanding a sport is.

Besides, I've already addressed some of your points in an earlier post which you didn't even respond to.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=96

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      and those were already addressed but you still felt the need to post it anyway. dwayne johnnson never made it in the nfl and couldnt cut it in canadian football league. i think he has some bitterness towards the sport.

and your other question was also addressed but you still felt the need to stupidly ask it again despite the answer being in your face. the greater show of athleticism is short distance speed than long enduring marathons.

that's why they get paid more, that's why they are bigger stars and is the signature event in the olympics.

and size being an american thing?

yea you are stupid. size is a universal thing in sports.
      and having football equipment and helmets actually make the nfl tougher than rugby.

the nfl helmet has been weaponized because of this and players lead in and attack with their helmet. the fact that rugby players dont have equipment sort of acts as some kind of physical speed bump.

they cant go all out and just destroy their opponent because they would thoroughly destroy themselves. in american football, they think having football pads and helmet make them invincible and they literally try to kill each other using their helmets.

athletes get paralyzed playing american football on a regular basis in all levels. they suffer gruesome injuries on a regular basis like this:

you dont know wtf you are talking about.
      Last edited by The Tase; 11-27-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
        and those were already addressed but you still felt the need to post it anyway. dwayne johnnson never made it in the nfl and couldnt cut it in canadian football league. i think he has some bitterness towards the sport.

and your other question was also addressed but you still felt the need to stupidly ask it again despite the answer being in your face. the greater show of athleticism is short distance speed than long enduring marathons.

that's why they get paid more, that's why they are bigger stars and is the signature event in the olympics.

and size being an american thing?

yea you are stupid. size is a universal thing in sports
        He never made it to the top level of Rugby either. The point you are trying to make is a straw-clutchingly null one.

'They get paid more, they are bigger stars, that makes them more athletic. I suppose Tiger Woods is some genetic superhuman when you look at his earnings.

It is the signature Olympic event because it takes 10 seconds to watch, it is the most appealing event to the casual viewer.

Size is an American thing.

The greatest player in the biggest sport on earth is 5ft 7.

You answered none of the points raised.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
          and having football equipment and helmets actually make the nfl tougher than rugby.
          Not according to the people who have actually played both sports, like the people in this thread.... and the Rock.

Comment

• The Rock just gave the nfl the people's elbow

Comment

• The Rock wrestled, that sport is tough as **** too. Broken bones are a regular...

At the end of the day, if those big mofo NFL players try to run 4.25 miles, they would be on the floor gasping for air. They are big and strong, but not designed for Rugby at all. Without the unity holding a line together, then there's a weak spot. You can not have one man get tired or the whole team is exposed.

Comment

• I've come to realize Hickey loves trolling with these UK vs. USA debates. He has gotten me on them a bunch of times.

Comment

• Game play of NFL is on average only 12 mins...

Correct me if I am wrong, but 16 games a season? Rugby players have to play a hell of a lot more with international duty etc...

They do get serious injuries BTW. Many retire and a lot of normal guys I speak to, use to play until knee injuries etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    Great troll thread. What's next? Let's talk about how Cricket is tougher than Baseball or how Croquet is tougher than Golf.
                    I played both cricket and baseball in school and cricket is far more tougher. Tennis is tougher than baseball as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      I've come to realize Hickey loves trolling with these UK vs. USA debates. He has gotten me on them a bunch of times.
                      It's good because my yank brothers give it back, a lot of other nationalities take it too seriously and get upset

Comment

Working...
                      X