No announcement yet.

Anybody suprised by Englands rubbish performances

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Anybody suprised by Englands rubbish performances

They didn't win a single trophy with their golden generation of 2006 with the likes of gerrard, lampard, rio, terry, cole, neville, carragher, hargreaves, owen, david james all in their primes with young talent in rooney, crouch, carrick, joe cole and a semi-decent coach in sven goard eriksson.

If they didn't win it then how did they stand a chance with an aging gerrard, phil jagielka, james milner, roy hodgeson, and joe hart in goal

surprised? id be surprised if they did anything. they always suck, everybody expected them to suck. they have great players but as a team they always underachieve bigtime. i think the last time they did good in tournaments was like when eriksson was coaching them and that was like a 20 years ago hahah

Comment

Didn't surprise me, I didn't think they would make it out the groups.
      And whilst they're **** and it seems to never sink in they aren't any worse than majority of the big teams who are also heavily reliant on single players.
      Argentina, Brazil, Portugal haven't looked no better.

None have played well as a team, its been one standout carrying them.

Take Ronaldo out & Portugal are one sorry a.s.s team!

Many will disagree but England need to get rid of that giraffe necked galoot Joe Hart for a start followed by Gerards old ass and finally that overrated caveman Wayne Rooney who is always in poor condition, has a short temper and often very selfish.
      The only English player I was impressed by was Barkley - He has a bright future.

Comment

portugal has always done well in tournaments so im not sure what youre talking about. theyre always considered in the top 5 and can beat any team at any given time if they have a good day. they sucked vs germany but theyre still damn good. with or without ronaldo. its not like ronaldo is a difference maker at portugal, he's way better at madrid. similar to messi. there are times where argentina would be better off without him. at barcelona however he is the key and arguably along with ronaldo the best player on the planet

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
          portugal has always done well in tournaments so im not sure what youre talking about. theyre always considered in the top 5 and can beat any team at any given time if they have a good day. they sucked vs germany but theyre still damn good. with or without ronaldo. its not like ronaldo is a difference maker at portugal, he's way better at madrid. similar to messi. there are times where argentina would be better off without him. at barcelona however he is the key and arguably along with ronaldo the best player on the planet

Top 5? lmao! By who?

You could see this about Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Holland, Spain, Mexico, Croatia & so on. Just about any team can beat any other if one is in form and the other isn't but it shouldn't come down to that. The fact is Portugal can't hang with the big boys 9 times out of 10.

Apart from a good year in the 2012 Euro's which Ronaldo carried them in they have done naff all for years. All their goals was Ronaldo and him assisting. Without him they are nothing at all. When he has a poor game they all play pathetic. To say Portugal's top goalscorer of all time is not a difference maker is crazy talk. Without Ronaldo they ain't ****!

Comment

Unfortunately that is just the team we have at the moment.

Filled with average to poor players. Glen fooking Johnson is Englands best right back???!!

Obviously i got hyped once the tournament started but most of us new we were **** this year.

Hopefully they show some balls from.here out and start bringing the younger players through as a team. Gerrard needs to go. Baines out Luke Shaw in. No moe Lampard on the bench. Hell maybe even Rooney needs to go.

Barkley, Wilshire, Sterling, Shaw, Oxlaide-Chamberlain can have a very bright future if they are brought through right

Comment

The problem with England is it's individual players cannot play together as a team. On paper, they're one of the best teams in the world. But England managers are more concerned with fielding the better known players rather than experimenting with who works well together.

Not just that but the players we produce nowadays are a different breed. They're more like Spanish/Italian players with flair and quick passing, which I think is discouraged when you put an England shirt on. If a player like Rooney or Lampard cannot play in their natural position, don't force them into another for the sake of having them on the pitch.

We had 60% possession against Uruguay, we just can't find an end product.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wor...ay-defeat.html

Summed up perfectly

Comment

I'd hardly call the italian performance bad, they just got beat by a team with a class A player in Pirlo, the moment that player was shut out the game by man marking from the Ricans, that was it, Italy reverted back to what they are, a class B team, just like England.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    I'd hardly call the italian performance bad, they just got beat by a team with a class A player in Pirlo, the moment that player was shut out the game by man marking from the Ricans, that was it, Italy reverted back to what they are, a class B team, just like England.
                    Pretty poor show that 2 times now in major competitions pirlo has been the stand out and difference between Italy and England.. yet the ricans sorted him good and proper..

What was Roy and the management with far more resources playing at?

I do think he is a little unlucky that this defence is the worse in decades.. both uruguay goals and the ballotelli goal were gifts..

But if that's the case.. give them more protection

Comment

Working...
                    X