Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: No Khan Fight Unless It’s Unification Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: No Khan Fight Unless It’s Unification Bout

Junior-welterweight titleholder Danny Garcia says he won’t step in to face Amir Khan unless their fight is a unification bout — something that will not happen unless Lamont Peterson gets stripped of his belts.

“A unification bout with Khan is the only way we can fight,” Garcia tweeted Friday evening. “If he don’t get his belts back then I will have to face my mandatory.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wont mind seeing this fight!

Comment

Garbage fight. Khan destroys this kid with severe ease IMO

Comment

Would the IBF and WBA hurry up and give Khan his belts back?

Comment

Well, the whiny **** should get the belts back soon. Do it then

Comment

It's only a matter of time I think before Khan gets the belts handed back if you go by the precedent set by Toney v Ruiz. I mean its a no-brainer.

Comment

As long as Danny knows that Amir is not gonna give him a huge cut of the purse. I mean Danny will still make the biggest purse in his career, but I'd hate it if Amir low balled him, or Danny out-priced himself. I hope they can come together and make this fight come off. I'd like to see it. But I'd like to see Amir in there with Mike Avarado as his last fight at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                It's only a matter of time I think before Khan gets the belts handed back if you go by the precedent set by Toney v Ruiz. I mean its a no-brainer.
                Not exactly the same thing. This is pretty unprecedented.

Comment

Not sure that's the best move for Garcia just vacate and take the money for a Khan fight he prolly won't beat Oleusgun anyway a loss vs Khan is acceptable unless he's not even competitive but a loss to an unknown is a detour

Khan could very well be distracted and with the interupted training camp hard to tell were he'll be on fight nite you're promoted by GB you'll get another title shot

Comment

Come on now! We all know the WBC's rules don't mean $h!t. They break their own rules all the time. Proudly making paper champs out of hype jobs for years. Garcia will be able to fight Con without those belts because Sulaiman would love for Con to hold his belt so that he can get a piece of the action.

Comment

Working...
                    X