No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Travis Dickinson Wins Wild War With TKO of Clarkson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Travis Dickinson Wins Wild War With TKO of Clarkson

Leeds - In a brilliant reminiscent of a bitterly controversial stoppage in the first Carl Froch vs. George Groves fight, the brawl between BBBofC English light heavyweight champion Travis Dickinson (17-1, 7 KOs) and his challenger Matty Clarkson (12-2-2, 3 KOs), which was quickly turning into a co-runner (alongside Tommy Coyle vs. Daniel Brizuela fiesta) for the domestic (maybe even international) FOTY, was highly controversially stopped by referee Michael Alexander at 2:25 of the sixth round in the champion's favour. The bout featured six knockdowns - two for Clarkson and four - for Dickinson.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wild. One of the greatest fights I have ever seen.

Comment

This had a groves vs froch stoppage feel about it.
      If only when the ref stopped it, it seemed so suddenly and out of the blue. Not saying it was a bad stoppage though.

Comment

I'm surprised this hasn't got more comments. I guess people were too busy watching Hearn's card. I hope one of the other writers include this fight in an article so it can be seen by many more.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
          I'm surprised this hasn't got more comments. I guess people were too busy watching Hearn's card. I hope one of the other writers include this fight in an article so it can be seen by many more.
          The look of pain on Dickinsons face ive never seen anything like it before, as boxers are supposed to look poker faced, and that added to the drama of it and probably made it visually as good a fight as it was.

So its obvious refs don't mind you being hurt to the body, its only when you get hit to the head they worry.

Comment

I had flashbacks to Gatti-Ward in the fifth round of this fight. Dickinson looked on the verge of being upset but braved through it. Stoppage was weak as hell but I guess the ref didn't want to see Clarkson get his face destroyed any more. I've honestly never seen a broken jaw as nasty as that one. Mick Hennessy was class giving Matty an opportunity to fight on the tournament final card.. for a title IIRC too.

Comment

How come Floyds face never looks like Dickinsons when he was taking Maidanas body punches?

Probably because Floyd is tougher than people give credit for, and is in remarkable shape. But im sure Maidanas body punches were better than Clarksons.

Comment

Only caught last round and highlights.Looked a great fight though.Looking forward to watching full fight.Not everyday you hear ppl comparing modern fighters to Sugar Ray Robinson and Carmen Basillio!

Comment

i'm intrigued. anyone got a link? looking around, can't find anything.

Comment

Was watching the Sky card and forgot to set the recorder for this one. Twitter and Facebook were buzzing about the fight though..gonna have to try catch it somehow.

Comment

Working...
                    X