No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Modugno Injured, Withdraws From Dereck Chisora Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Modugno Injured, Withdraws From Dereck Chisora Bout

Italian heavyweight Matteo Modugno (14-0, 8KOs) is injured and withdrew from the scheduled fight with EBU champion Dereck Chisora (18-4, 12KOs), which is scheduled for November 30 at Copper Box Arena in London. Chisora's promoter, Frank Warren, is having trouble securing an opponent for Chisora, with opponents suffering injuries and financial disagreements breaking down agreements with others.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Getting silly now. Wonder whether people ducking Chisora.

Comment

James Toney?

Warren's going to have trouble securing an opponent on such short notice.

Comment

short notice fighter who would get approved for a EU defence or will they just be happy to keep him busy? I doubt he can get a good opponent on 2 weeks notice. these are fights guys like Jason gavern, Nicolai firtha, ivan perkovic, denis bahktov or taras bidenko take...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          short notice fighter who would get approved for a EU defence or will they just be happy to keep him busy? I doubt he can get a good opponent on 2 weeks notice. these are fights guys like Jason gavern, Nicolai firtha, ivan perkovic, denis bahktov or taras bidenko take...
          Gavern had terrible conditioning in the mid week UK tournament,that dude may have put himself in the shop window like Kevin Johnson did against Hamer before lining up a Fury fight.it isn't a fight I would watch anyway.in all likelihood its probably the type of opponent Warren is looking for though.

Comment

Jason Gavern was charismatic enough to deserve another payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Jason Gavern was charismatic enough to deserve another payday.
              I dont know dude.
              Gavern was fighting in a tournament meant for guys really at the end of the road,Chisora is the EU champion man.he shouldn't be fighting anyone who has ever featured in that tournament,on two weeks notice ? maybe I could find that acceptable,but everyone who paid to see Chisora should get their money back and they shoud reschedule another bout.I gotta be honest Chisora can't be doing that many numbers anyway if he's lining up guys like this Mogduno character anyway.

Looking at the Gavern performance,it was pretty much a typical prize fighter performance,a dude with zero conditioning chancing his arm for 30 gino's,what broke end of the road guy wouldn't want a taste of that.

I always liked Minto's style personally,kinda reminds me of that brawling Mollo style,and he gave Szpilka a fight recently.I feel Chisora is above that level though,he shouldn't really be looking at Gavern,Minto or Mollo really should he ? I suppose you gotta ask will they put bums on seats,I suppose thinking like that the UK fans may think Gavern is a sell,I mean I don't personally but this is boxing ! Warren will likely look into it.D

Does Hearn now have a controlling factor in Gavern or any of the other dudes who appeared on his showing ?

Comment

Audley Harrison?????

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Audley Harrison?????
                  Thats some funny ***** man wahahahaha seriously though Haye,Wilder and Price have all fought him,why shouldn't Chisora ? I feel Chisora has more class than to do that though.
                  Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 11-17-2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

basically modugno got him name out there. abit of promotion on his half, now he will likely get a few £'s more in his fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X