Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the biggest robbery in recent history was......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luisito Espinosa - Cesar Sotto rematch. That was a glaring day light robbery. Although i doubt if it's recent. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
      These two fights ain't that big, but it was still title fights. The weird thing is, it is one of the rare instances were the judges has got nothing to do with the mess, it was the refs, Marlon B. Wright and Joe "I'm fair but I'm firm" Cortez who ****ed it up.
      thats understandable...... i can see y you would say that

Comment

how can you call it a robbery? do you even know what the word means to boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by DeafCon View Post
          Money didn't silence any critics, money is what bought the judges that gave Floyd a win in the Castillo-Mayweather bout.
          i dont know what fight YOU were watching, but mayweather beat castillo.... go back and watch the fight with no sound, and score it. i can almost guarentee you see it differently.

Comment

Hopkins-Calzaghe.

Hopkins Taylor Bouts.

Not Robberies, but imo, Hopkins took the Calzaghe bout, and at least one of the Tallor bouts

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
              how can i call it a robbery.;.....

one judge has it 115-110 for pac
              one has it 115-110 for marquez
              theres the robbery right there

to be up by five, when you've started down by four, you would have to win 10 rounds..... do you really think marquez win 10 out of 12 rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
                It means you won the fight but lost in the judges cards. The degree varies and the pac-marquez 1 could have gone either way just like the second one. It's a very controversial close fight that made boxing fans create millions of threads in all boxing forums arguing who won.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                  It means you won the fight but lost in the judges cards. The degree varies and the pac-marquez 1 could have gone either way just like the second one. It's a very controversial close fight that made boxing fans create millions of threads in all boxing forums arguing who won.
                  if you lose in the judge cards, but win the fight, it means there was a ko or dq...... how are those robberies?

Comment

Originally posted by mr.raines21 View Post
                    how can i call it a robbery.;.....

one judge has it 115-110 for pac
                    one has it 115-110 for marquez
                    theres the robbery right there

to be up by five, when you've started down by four, you would have to win 10 rounds..... do you really think marquez win 10 out of 12 rounds?
                    See, that's what I mean. These arguments has been replayed a thousand of times before but nobody has convinced either other side yet. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
                      Hopkins-Calzaghe.

Hopkins Taylor Bouts.

Not Robberies, but imo, Hopkins took the Calzaghe bout, and at least one of the Tallor bouts
                      Sorry, pal, Hopkins didn't win that Calzaghe fight. You have to throw punches to win a fight. You can't land a few lead rights (literally, I think he landed 4) and expect to coast the entire fight, which is obviously what he was thinking he could do. I'm surprised it wasn't a wider margin loss on the cards than it was.

The Taylor fights.....I could see it either way, but I still kind of leaned in Taylor's direction the second fight...or was it the first...can't remember for sure. The other....yeah, I thought HOpkins won it too, but hey....that's boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X