No announcement yet.

So when is Donaire going to move up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when is Donaire going to move up?

Because currently he ain't fighting much of anybody at his weight class. Plus I hear he's been struggling to make weight for his last couple of fights.

when Arum needs the money

Comment

Originally posted by RachelB View Post
      when Arum needs the money
      Well a step up or 2 could see him in a real fight against Arce, Gamboa, Juanma, etc.

If he want's to step out of Pac's shadow he has to step up the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
        Well a step up or 2 could see him in a real fight against Arce, Gamboa, Juanma, etc.

If he want's to step out of Pac's shadow he has to step up the competition.
        If he needs to step up the competition, leaving 118 is the worst thing he can do. It's one of the most loaded divisions in boxing.

Comment

i honestly dont think he wants to. hes a funny guy. he had a lot of momentum behind him after destroying montiel. hes wasting it all, he needs to fight another big opponenet and fast irregardless of the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Heeb View Post
            If he needs to step up the competition, leaving 118 is the worst thing he can do. It's one of the most loaded divisions in boxing.
            Not really, what names are really going to stand out on Nonito's resume?

Best thing is for Nonito is to try to claim some belts in higher divisions.

Maybe match up with a stud like Gamboa. I would love to see that fight. Dream fight IMO.

Comment

Maybe match up with a stud like Gamboa. I would love to see that fight. Dream fight IMO.
              Abner Mares, Joseph Agbeko, and Anselmo Moreno are all more proven than Gamboa. It's a lot easier to move up in weight than move down. He should fight at least one of these guys before moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Heeb View Post
                Abner Mares, Joseph Agbeko, and Anselmo Moreno are all more proven than Gamboa. It's a lot easier to move up in weight than move down. He should fight at least one of these guys before moving up.
                That's cool but let's not forget that Nonito blows up and has been struggling to make weight. 1 or 2 more fights then a jump to FW should be in the cards.
                Last edited by Boxingtech718v2; 08-09-2011, 11:04 PM.

Comment

ur wrong. hes not fighting gamboa any time soon, if ever. i dunno why ppl have that pipe dream. 118 is the deepest division in his range, theres no doubt. jr feather is garbage.

Comment

nonito's win over montile is better than anything anyone has done this year ..the sirodeko fight was'nt as bad either, ****, it is even better than sergio's win over dzinziruk....

when is he gonna move up?...i think his plan is to collect belts as he moves up..there are still good bussiness that needs to be taking care of at bw...

nonito has always struggled to make weight even back when he was at 112...but he still is outstanding doing it.......

the arce is very plausible(reports have it that it's one of the fights he's tryin to get) but he needs a couple of tune ups at 126 before gamboa imo.....

Comment

Working...
                    X