Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im sorry but texas is a terrible place to fight considering they dont drug test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im sorry but texas is a terrible place to fight considering they dont drug test

it just make things look bad considering all the bull**** we went through this year...i mean how does a state do no drug testing???no1 finds this odd??

THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FLOYD OR MANNY..ITS ABOUT THE TEXAS ATHLETIC COMMISON

proof

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1553/pacq..._drug_culture/

Pacquiao-Mayweather debacle beginning of change in boxing's drug culture?
    Posted Jan. 22, 2010 at 12:17pm
    By Mark Zeigler
    Buzz up!
    Usually, when athletes came to Victor Conte and his BALCO empire for help taking performance-enhancing drugs and evading detection, Conte would carefully research their sport’s anti-doping program first -- scrutinize its banned substance list, examine when and where and how often urine or blood samples would be collected, determine which laboratories would test them using what type of equipment -- and devise a detailed plan to beat it.

When boxer Shane Mosley and his handlers approached him in the summer of 2003, Conte didn’t waste his time.

They told him Mosley might be tested the day before the September fight in Las Vegas and immediately after it. That’s all Conte needed to know, all he needed to hear. No reason to sift through pages and pages of drug protocols, or sleuth out the calibration levels of a lab’s high resolution mass spectrometer, or calculate clearance times of detectable substances in case of an unannounced test during pre-fight training.

“That’s announced testing,” the doping guru says. “That’s IQ testing. If that’s all they do, why do I need to find out what’s on the banned list? And I never did bother.

“Boxing’s testing program is beyond a joke. It’s worthless.”

Conte had that thought in the summer of 2003, when he loaded up the 32-year-old Mosley with endurance-boosting erythropoietin (EPO) and a cocktail of other verboten substances for what would be a landmark 12-round decision over Oscar De La Hoya. The difference now is that more and more people are questioning boxing’s commitment to anti-doping as well.

For that, thank the demise of the March 13 superfight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. presumably because the former refused to meet the latter’s demands about pre-fight drug testing. Mayweather wanted regular urine and blood testing in the months, weeks, even days leading up the fight, similar to the anti-doping protocols most Olympic athletes face; Pacquiao agreed to some provisions and refused others. No fight.

So the public doesn’t get the epic clash it has been clamoring for. The sport doesn’t get a much-needed infusion of mainstream attention. The two boxers and their promoters don’t get preposterously rich, and Las Vegas doesn’t get a respite from the recession. But doping and boxing suddenly find themselves in the same sentence and that alone, Conte and others say, may be the greatest legacy of Pacquiao-Mayweather, regardless if they ever meet inside the ropes.

“Whether he meant to or not, Floyd has shown that the process is tainted and it’s going to be hard to overlook now,” says Margaret Goodman, the former chief ringside physician for Nevada and an outspoken critic of the sport’s anti-doping policies. “You just can’t ignore it any longer. There just is no rationale.”

Adds Conte: “I see this potentially as an opportunity to improve the effectiveness of drug testing. And here’s why I think this is so important for boxing and MMA: When you increase speed and power, you’re also increasing potential damage to the opponent. Crushing a baseball is one thing. Crushing a guy’s brain is another.”

Keith Kizer is the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which oversees professional boxing, Mixed Martial Arts and other forms of “unarmed combat” in the state. He is talking about the commission’s drug testing program.

“You have to be vigilant,” Kizer says. “And I think we are.”

Are they?

It depends on your perspective, depends where in the realm of relativity you sit. Pro boxing has no national or international governing body that mandates drug testing, leaving it to individual states in this country. And compared to most states, Nevada indeed is vigilant.

Texas , for instance. Instead of Mayweather in Las Vegas , Pacquiao will fight March 13 against Joshua Clottey at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium outside Dallas . The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation will oversee it.

Its anti-doping program?

Essentially there isn’t one. The state has the authority to demand urine testing for certain performance-enhancing substances “with probable cause,” according to TDLR spokesperson Susan Stanford. Without probable cause to suspect Pacquiao or Clottey are juiced up (neither has failed a past drug test), no drug testing is required to license the figh
    t.
    Last edited by infamous larryx; 11-03-2010, 10:12 AM.

Originally posted by infamous larryx View Post
    it just make things look bad considering all the bull**** we went through this year...i mean how does a state do no drug testing???no1 finds this odd??
    They don't test for Xylocaine either. Why should fighters be allowed to use things that help heal their hands? Isn't it part of this sport for fighters to go through hand-problems?

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
      They don't test for Xylocaine either.
      they dont test for ANYTHING other than HIV...what kinda commision is that??

Comment

They don't? That can't be.

Comment

They don't test for Xylocaine either. Why should fighters be allowed to use things that help heal their hands? Isn't it part of this sport for fighters to go through hand-problems?
          lol, you sure know how to kick up dust

Comment

man im not even going into all of that..this aint even about floyd or manny.....WHAT KIND OF COMMISION DOESNT DO ANY TESTING???THATS MY QUESTION

Comment

Oh yes they do. They just don`t do Floyd`s tests.

Comment

I wish the fight was in vegas anyway, least if you fly all the way over there's other things to do there.

Comment

I think you Floyd fans are borderline followers and ridiculous.

I dont remember anyone crying bout drug testing until Floyd and his crews ran their already loud mouths to make Pac look bad. Just cause he said it, your going to follow? Stop worrying about it already. You guys go by everything the guy says, ****.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                    They don't? That can't be.
                    seriously ive seen several links about it...what kind of commision does that??how is that even legal

Comment

Working...
                    X