No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Barker in Emotional IBF Title Win Over Geale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Barker in Emotional IBF Title Win Over Geale

Darren Barker climbed off the canvas in the sixth round to claim the IBF world middleweight title in a gruelling encounter with Daniel Geale in Atlantic City. Things looked bleak for the Barnet fighter when he was floored by a body shot in the sixth, but the next time he hit the canvas was in a fit of emotion after it was announced he had won the belt by a split decision. Barker, 31, wept as he dropped to his knees and was congratulated by his team, with tears flowing in all quarters, before dedicating the victory to his brother Gary who died in a car accident in 2006.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm so happy for Barker !!

Well done brother.

Comment

Really happy for Barker, you can tell this was a huge feat for him.

Comment

Yeah, great comeback from that body shot. Good to see someone actually suck it up from a body shot and fight through it once in a while, hurting Geale seconds later no less.

Comment

What a heart Barker has. You could tell he flat
          out wanted it more than Geale from the first round.
          and to jump up from that body shot and stagger Geale was awesome.

Comment

That's a true champ right thur....

Comment

The Champ that never gave up..'And the New!'

Comment

I knew it. After the effort vs Martinez. Calling the dude a Eurobum. Acting like he couldn't fight. It was clear (to me anyway), that he had talent. Just because we aren't familiar with someone does not mean they can't fight. The proof in the pudding.

Comment

there's only one dazzling darren.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    I knew it. After the effort vs Martinez. Calling the dude a Eurobum. Acting like he couldn't fight. It was clear (to me anyway), that he had talent. Just because we aren't familiar with someone does not mean they can't fight. The proof in the pudding.
                    Everyone who's seen his career knows Barker is a decent fighter they were just calling out Martinez for what was a shameless cherry pick at the time over a guy who was unranked and only had 1 fight above domestic level for the European title in which he struggled.

Comment

Working...
                    X