No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Martinez-Burgos Go To a Draw, Verdejo Shines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Martinez-Burgos Go To a Draw, Verdejo Shines

The Theater, Madison Square Garden, New York - WBO junior lightweight champion Roman “Rocky” Martinez (26-1-2, 16 KOs) and mandatory challenger Juan Carlos “Mini” Burgos (30-1-1, 29 KOs) fought to a twelve round draw. The scores were 117-111 for Burgos, 116-112 for Martinez and 114-114 for the draw. Most observers saw Burgos as the clear winner of the match.

[Click Here To Read More]

Burgos clearly won this fight and I had it 116-112 for him and hopefully Verdejo can have a great career

Comment

It was a good fight where both showed a lot of heart, conditioning & determination & let it all hang out & even thou I was rooting for Rocky, I saw Burgos win clearly(116-112)..Feel bad for Burgos who came in with a good game plan of attacking the body & worked it very well & in the last few rounds Rocky wasn't really doing much except going forward(which he basically always does) & it was because of that body attack...

Comment

Burgos deserved to get the win. I hope they at least give him a rematch.

Comment

Agreed. I definitely felt like he deserved the nod. His body attack was clearly breaking Martinez down.

Comment

**** was a ****ing robbery, burgos set the pace, was aggressor outlanded in connection and had higher connect ratio. those ****ing judges were paid off. cmon, a mexican fighting the so called "next puerto rican star" in new york?. There was business involved, martinez should b ashamed.

Comment

Burgos won the fight clearly... but again a puerto rican fighting in NY... that's what made it a draw... if the fight was in L.A.... burgos would've won... **** even in Las Vegas he would've won... **** fighting in NY... it's always BS

Comment

this was a NYSAC/melvina Lathan/WBO deck stacked vs Burgos...quite obvious...inexperienced world caliber judging...looking @ the wide differences in scoring...the female judge that scored for Martinez had it 9-3 in rounds, crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                  this was a NYSAC/melvina Lathan/WBO deck stacked vs Burgos...quite obvious...inexperienced world caliber judging...looking @ the wide differences in scoring...the female judge that scored for Martinez had it 9-3 in rounds, crazy...
                  Martinez had a 116-112 (8-4) score-card, which is still bad though. Burgos had the 117-111 (9-3) score-card, and that's what I had.

Comment

martinez, verdejo

why Martinez should be ashamed, he wasn't the judge? Now on Verdejo very unusual from top rank using an opponent with record under 500, he was a perfect opponent for Verdejo to make a statement????? Wow what kind of statement he made.....

Comment

Working...
                    X