Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Brian Viloria, Pingo Miranda Wage War in Hawaii

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Brian Viloria, Pingo Miranda Wage War in Hawaii

Blaisdell Center, Honolulu, Hawaii - In another fight of the year candidate, Brian Viloria (29-3, 16KOs) captured the WBO flyweight title with a twelve round unanimous decision over Julio Cesar "Pingo" Miranda (35-6-1, 28KOs) in a war with high drama and non-stop action. The scores were 98-91, 96-93 and 97-93. [Yes, those were the announced scores which don't make sense since this was a twelve round fight, but scoring issues were claimed] Photos by Greg Honda

[Click Here To Read More]

brian is back...........he should work harder on his stamina and box more....

Comment

So pingo changed judges for what again lol

Comment

Congrats Brian Viloria!!! Needs to work harder on his stamina no doubt cause that has been his problems.

Comment

I haven't seen the fight, but in the past article on this fight(with out the pics) I saw a couple of people(maily of Mexican decent) were posting that all Viloria did was run all night..WOW!! What I see is totally different from what they were posting, cause I see Viloria tagging the S H I T out of Miranda!!! Good thing he was running all night cause if he would have stood ground & fought, he would have killed Miranda..& I guess Miranda also hit himself to the body & scored a Auto Knock Down to favor Viloria...& yes, I also see that Miranda got to tag him(it's boxing & it's suppose to happen) but it clearly shows more of Miranda with the "Cleto Reyes" gloves shoved in his face & body..¿Unless that's the way Miranda blocks punches? with his face & body..

Comment

The thing with the 2 missing cards from the judges is REALLY SHADY!! Even thou it seems Viloria clearly dominated & won the fight, but still ¿2 rounds that the scores are missing & to make it worst, in a world title fight? NOT GOOD!! IF this would have been a Mega Fight where a lot of money is involved & it would have been close, the person in charge of keeping the cards after every round would be in a world of S H I T right now!!!They should still investigate & find out what happened & make sure it doesn't happen again..

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
              I haven't seen the fight, but in the past article on this fight(with out the pics) I saw a couple of people(maily of Mexican decent) were posting that all Viloria did was run all night..WOW!! What I see is totally different from what they were posting, cause I see Viloria tagging the S H I T out of Miranda!!! Good thing he was running all night cause if he would have stood ground & fought, he would have killed Miranda..& I guess Miranda also hit himself to the body & scored a Auto Knock Down to favor Viloria...& yes, I also see that Miranda got to tag him(it's boxing & it's suppose to happen) but it clearly shows more of Miranda with the "Cleto Reyes" gloves shoved in his face & body..¿Unless that's the way Miranda blocks punches? with his face & body..
              he ran in some but not all night like them butthurt fans were claiming...it was a very good action fight sort of like the khan vs maidana fight....when viloria stood his ground , pingo was getting the better of it but it was still back and forth action....it was an awesome fight, you got to see it.....

Comment

I wonder how much xtra $$ Pingo got as viloria's peeps were *****in all week about the outrageous demands...The promoter took a bath on this fight w/only 2,500 at the show...Where are the scorecards for the lost rounds....WBO needs to get things together, first changing 2 judges now the cards...what's next???

Comment

Viloria won by unanimous decision the correct scores are.. Judge Robert Hoyle scored it for Viloria by a wide 117-110 margin , Ruben Garcia of Texas had it a much closer 114-113 while Tamotsu Tomihara had Viloria the winner 115-113.

Comment

Working...
                  X