No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: I Would Love Canelo To Fight Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: I Would Love Canelo To Fight Martinez

Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya made a special appearance on BoxingScene’s official radio show The Boxing Lab to talk about the big September 15th boxing weekend in Las Vegas, NV.

One of Golden Boy’s biggest stars Saul “Canelo” Alvarez is headlining their quadruple header card at the MGM Grand as he takes on Josesito Lopez who is coming off his biggest win against Victor Ortiz.

[Click Here To Read More]

Suuuuuuuuure. You'll fight a middleweight but not somebody in your own weight class?

Comment

I'm so tired of DLH's bullshit, just shut up and start matching Canelo with some relevant 154lb contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo
        Suuuuuuuuure. You'll fight a middleweight but not somebody in your own weight class?
        Canelo would go up to 160 right? Right? Riiiiiiight.

I would not cut weight/drain myself for Canelo. Hes not worth it. Martinez gets nothing for beating him but money and has everything to lose.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

knock it off Oscar

Comment

Come on Oscar, don't play that game.

I believe Canelo would take the Floyd fight believing that he's so much bigger that he has a chance. However, we already know he's not going near Sergio, Lara and the other top fighters who cut to 154 or 160.

Comment

IDK what Canelo did to impress DLH to the point where he wants him to fight the likes of Martinez and Mayweather. DLH is brimming with confidence now, but Canelo hasn't fought a threat yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                IDK what Canelo did to impress DLH to the point where he wants him to fight the likes of Martinez and Mayweather. DLH is brimming with confidence now, but Canelo hasn't fought a threat yet.
                but but but....
                Mathew Hatton was Ricky's brother!
                Kermit cintron drew with Martinez!
                Alfonso Gomez retired Arturo gatti!
                Shane Mosley fought Pac and mayweather!
                Lopez beat Ortiz!

this impresses everyone else!
                Why not you?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Must have been the beatdown he put on that 154lb killing machine Matthew Hatton, or maybe the one sided destruction of the almighty Alfonso Gomez.
                  Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 09-14-2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

When it comes to Ward, Martinez is a blown up Super Middleweight who can easily make 154lbs. When it comes to Canelo Martinez is a Middleweight who would have to drain himself to make 154lb.

How about some consistency.

Comment

Working...
                    X