No announcement yet.

I just dont get how MMA is exciting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    UFC was actually started by the Gracie's as a style vs style tournament to prove that Gracie Jiu Jitsu was the best Martial Art in the world, but people started adding GJJ or BJJ to their martial arts and modern MMA was born...
    Let me correct myself...not all of UFC, I hate. The early days of it with no weight classes and you fight again the same night is what UFC was about. I LOVED UFC then. It was truly a brutal, savage, type of style.

And best believe I still remember Royce Gracie in his Gee taking on people 3 inches and talller with 50lb and plus on his was epic. The way he beat them with what looked like poetry in slow motion. Those day I miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
      Let me correct myself...not all of UFC, I hate. The early days of it with no weight classes and you fight again the same night is what UFC was about. I LOVED UFC then. It was truly a brutal, savage, type of style.

And best believe I still remember Royce Gracie in his Gee taking on people 3 inches and talller with 50lb and plus on his was epic. The way he beat them with what looked like poetry in slow motion. Those day I miss.
      That was good stuff, and it showed the world the importance of ground fighting in the streets, seeing as how the only rules back then where no biting or eye gouging....

Comment

That was good stuff, and it showed the world the importance of ground fighting in the streets, seeing as how the only rules back then where no biting or eye gouging....
        Hell yeah! Ground game is a must in street fighting because that's where it ends up being usually. I think I'll watch some old UFC fights soon. I miss those days so much.

Dana White or whoever fu(ked it up with greed so they had to make it more regulated to expand.

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
          Hell yeah! Ground game is a must in street fighting because that's where it ends up being usually. I think I'll watch some old UFC fights soon. I miss those days so much.

Dana White or whoever fu(ked it up with greed so they had to make it more regulated to expand.
          The rules came in before Uncle Dana got his grubby paws on it. He just added more rules and fighters where already starting to cross train....

Comment

i like mma but man ufc has SERIOUSLY gone downhill for a couple years and Tonights Main Event was a damn borefest...

Comment

The rules came in before Uncle Dana got his grubby paws on it. He just added more rules and fighters where already starting to cross train....
              If it was the old way in UFC, I'd more than likely like UFC more than boxing.

Comment

Last nights PPV event was pretty boring. I still bother to stream them though so I guess I'm kinda drawn to it.

Comment

I haven't paid for a UFC in a looooong time....

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
                    Whenever they are fighting standing up they are never in range to hit. I understand they are worried about a take down or whatever, but obviously that's part of the game. I mean for 5 minutes a rd in a primarily stand up fight hardly anything is ever thrown. All I ever see is two guys circling around and every 3-4 seconds come together and throw 1 punch, 1 kick, or maybe 2.

Not even going to get into the ground game. It just interests none at all.

Everyone once in a while there is a highlight finish. I guess thats what keeps people coming back. Cn't deny the finishes can be cool sometimes. Unless its the HW's. They barely make it passed rd 1, and if they do they are gassed.
                    I have to agree with you for the most part. I've been interested in the Martial Arts since I was a kid, and I followed the UFC back when it was a style vs style tournament in the 90's (The Gracie era) but it is just beyond boring at this point. I have at least a basic understanding of the ground game and I still think that. Not that the fighters aren't the most EFFECTIVE of all professional combat athletes but watching it is just boring. It is also the least technical of all combat sports because it involves many dimensions. Everyone is continually avoiding other people's strengths to capitalize on their own.
                    Last edited by res; 04-22-2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
                      Put it on FX if your in the US and watch some good fights tonight more action and a lot ways to finish and battle anything can I mean you could always watch guys like Khan and Malignaggi pitty pat for a half hour either way its just a sport you have to enjoy thats all
                      I grantee Khan hits harder than any UFC fighter in his weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X