No announcement yet.

who's greater joe calzaghe or winky wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    Are you seriously comparing vargas and braindead Taylor to Hopkins and Roy Jones?

Vargas and Taylor wouldnt even make a top 300 all time list, let alone top 100.

Resume names = Calzaghe
    Record = Calzaghe
    Title Defenses = Calzaghe
    KO% = Calzaghe
    General All time greatness = Calzaghe

If Winky's name was Ronald, no one would even know who he was.

good troll post. i know you are just a fake calzaghe fan troll but i'll indulge so we can expose the fraud together.

are you seriously comparing prime vargas and taylor to completely shot roy jones? if you are giving credit to calzaghe because he has a dubious win over hopkins then you should give credit to winky for dubious losses to taylor and vargas. did i ever say those guys are on hopkins level? no you just made that up. then you threw in roy jones name like it mattered but it doesn't at all.

as far as breaking down someones legacy its much better to deserve to win a fight but get robbed like winky then deserve to lose a fight and get a gift like calzaghe but you wouldn't understand that cause all you do is look at boxrec.

resume names? so the name is all that matters? all hail trevor berbick!

record? calzaghe and chris john have the same record so john is better than winky?

title defenses? ottke and calzaghe have the same number of defenses what does that prove? only that he wasted his time fighting bums.

ko%? um calzaghe got almost all early and hilarious stoppages

general all time greatness? what does this even mean!
    Last edited by daggum; 12-16-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
      winky by far. remind me those who picked calzaghe, at what point in time was he ranked in the top 3 on the p4p list. retiring with an undefeated record and claim to be great but you never cracked 10 ten on most p4p lists b/c he didnt fight anyone. winky was concensus #3 p4p for a while. nobody wanted to fight him. joe had the more glorious career b/c of promotion but winky is by far the greater fighter by far. lmfao to the guy talking about winky vs. calzaghe. winkys was a small middleweight and legit 154 most of his career.
      Calzaghe was a top 3 P4P fighter before retiring. I believe he was #1 at one point after Floyd retired, if not it was #2. I know he was top 3 though.

Comment

• The wins over Kessler and Hopkins are probably better than anything on Winky's resume, Mosley and Trinidad are better wins than Kessler though, but the version of Kessler that Calzaghe fought was much better than the version of Trinidad that Winky fought, who was longer really in to the sport and was past his best weight class. Problem is, those are Calzaghe's only great wins. I thought Lacy and Bika were good wins too, because Calzaghe was underdog in the Lacy fight and was supposedly gonna get knocked out by Lacy. So i'll give him two great wins, and two good wins. That's 4 notable wins for Calzaghe. His win over Eubank is alright, but he was past prime like Jones.

Winky, he priced himself out so much out of fights including DLH, that really him not being in the HOF or comparing to Calzaghe is his own fault. Winky doesn't really have a case for being better than Calzaghe. And I like Winky. If he had beaten Hopkins and Williams, then he would have been better than Calzaghe, a hall of famer and probably talks about being a top 50 ATG.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Calzaghe was a top 3 P4P fighter before retiring. I believe he was #1 at one point after Floyd retired, if not it was #2. I know he was top 3 though.
          yeah he was number 2 at his highest. then he fought roy jones and the ring was like what the hell were we thinking back to #3 you go! calzaghe was already up to #5 based on wins over kessler, lacy and ten years of bums. what i don't understand is how chris john is not even in the top 10? he beat marquez, is 46-0, and has 15 title defenses. come on ring step your game up.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            The wins over Kessler and Hopkins are probably better than anything on Winky's resume, Mosley and Trinidad are better wins than Kessler though, but the version of Kessler that Calzaghe fought was much better than the version of Trinidad that Winky fought, who was longer really in to the sport and was past his best weight class. Problem is, those are Calzaghe's only great wins. I thought Lacy and Bika were good wins too, because Calzaghe was underdog in the Lacy fight and was supposedly gonna get knocked out by Lacy. So i'll give him two great wins, and two good wins. That's 4 notable wins for Calzaghe. His win over Eubank is alright, but he was past prime like Jones.

Winky, he priced himself out so much out of fights including DLH, that really him not being in the HOF or comparing to Calzaghe is his own fault. Winky doesn't really have a case for being better than Calzaghe. And I like Winky. If he had beaten Hopkins and Williams, then he would have been better than Calzaghe, a hall of famer and probably talks about being a top 50 ATG.
            you didn't even mention winky's fights with prime vargas and taylor yet you mentioned the hopkins win for calzaghe. this is what i've been trying to get someone to explain to me. how come a dubious win counts for calzaghe but dubious losses for winky don't count at all? because winky was the b-side and the judges got it wrong it doesn't count? did they not happen? does boxrec have that much influence over people? i'm not even saying to discount calzaghe's "win" over hopkins but if you count that you have to count winky's wins over vargas and taylor because they were far more legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
              Rubbish.
              You don't know **** about boxing, Statto. Sit down, STFU and learn from people who do.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                you didn't even mention winky's fights with prime vargas and taylor yet you mentioned the hopkins win for calzaghe. this is what i've been trying to get someone to explain to me. how come a dubious win counts for calzaghe but dubious losses for winky don't count at all? because winky was the b-side and the judges got it wrong it doesn't count? did they not happen? does boxrec have that much influence over people? i'm not even saying to discount calzaghe's "win" over hopkins but if you count that you have to count winky's wins over vargas and taylor because they were far more legit.
                any calzaghe fans wanna answer this...

Comment

• all im gonna say is if any of you actually box, whose skillset would u rather have winky or joe. ill take winkys defense and counterpunching and one of the best jabs in the history of the sport over being legit, but ultimatley unproven because he didnt test himself, at all. he is a great british fighter that is all. winky had to go to england just to get fights b/c no americans would fight him. so calzaghe's fame and media make his accomplishments>winky. but for the hardcore boxers i promise you years from now we will look more fondly on wright based on his willingness to fight anyone, along with a skillset no other fighter has brought to the sport. he defines unique. hof lock, as is calzaghe. no hating here.

Comment

• When Sven Ottke discovers what an Airplane is, then you can compare him with other professional boxers. I wont even entertain a discussion about that knob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                      When Sven Ottke discovers what an Airplane is, then you can compare him with other professional boxers. I wont even entertain a discussion about that knob.
                      an airplane? isn't that the thing calzaghe was terrified of for ten years?

airplane>ottke>calzaghe

Comment

Working...
                      X