Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins turned down $4 million. Won't fight Mikkel Kessler!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
    The last time Hopkins fought outside his home country, he was given a beating. He's been afraid to leave the comforts of the US ever since.
    You must be talkin about Mercado....where armed soilders were kickin down doors and it was wayyyy too hot and B-Hop even said "Had I won I don't think I would have not been able to leave alive" If so...

Then watch the rematch...Mercado gets a serious beating

Comment

In Copenhagen. Really...

Why would they offer that when...

They claim Kessler is ready to make his US debut?

Comment

At age 44, someone who has accomplished more then 99.9% of active fighters, why in the world would hopkins need to fight Kessler or Chad Dawson? He's a legend, a future hall of famer, an all time great and oh, did I mention he was born in 1965?!

lmao hopkins just fought a young 26 year old undefeated fighter and put on one of the greatest, if not the greatest performance of a 40+ year old of all time. Been there done that. Plus, who is kessler to hopkins? a guy that lost to Calzaghe and has beat no one worth of note?

Hopkins has already said he wants Calzaghe or retirement. The article was just posted on this very site a couple days ago. There should be no demands, or expectations from the boxing community as to what Hopkins should do next. It's up to bernard if he wants to fight on, who he wants to fight or not fight at all. He's done everything he has ever set out to do in the game and more.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
          You must be talkin about Mercado....where armed soilders were kickin down doors and it was wayyyy too hot and B-Hop even said "Had I won I don't think I would have not been able to leave alive" If so...

Then watch the rematch...Mercado gets a serious beating
          Hopkins won that first match.

You know you've been robbed when

1. You're in your opponent's home country

2. He "knocks" you down twice

And they STILL can't give him the win LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Hopkins won that first match.

You know you've been robbed when

1. You're in your opponent's home country

2. He "knocks" you down twice

And they STILL can't give him the win LMAO.
            Good point...I agree he won that fight and it wasn't the beatin Tunney is making it out to be

Comment

who is kessler in the usa for hopkins to fight???

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                who is kessler in the usa for hopkins to fight???
                Chad Dawson wanted to fight Kessler in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  At age 44, someone who has accomplished more then 99.9% of active fighters, why in the world would hopkins need to fight Kessler or Chad Dawson? He's a legend, a future hall of famer, an all time great and oh, did I mention he was born in 1965?!

lmao hopkins just fought a young 26 year old undefeated fighter and put on one of the greatest, if not the greatest performance of a 40+ year old of all time. Been there done that. Plus, who is kessler to hopkins? a guy that lost to Calzaghe and has beat no one worth of note?

Hopkins has already said he wants Calzaghe or retirement. The article was just posted on this very site a couple days ago. There should be no demands, or expectations from the boxing community as to what Hopkins should do next. It's up to bernard if he wants to fight on, who he wants to fight or not fight at all. He's done everything he has ever set out to do in the game and more.
                  If Calzaghe didn't get any credit for the Kessler win, why would B-Hop get any? Like you said Kessler hasn't beaten anyone but lost to Calzaghe...Kessler ain't worth B-Hop's time. I would like B-Hop to go after Chad or the Calzaghe rematch

or Valuev I wouldn't mind...If it ain't any of those fights he can retire. He is the most accomplished fighter in boxing right now. There is nothing left to prove

Only an idiot would think he needs Kessler

Comment

Those two knockdowns against Mercado can be excused when the conditions he was fighting in are considered. The heat, and fighting almost 10,0000 feet above sea level. This has happens a lot in boxing. Lewis was knocked out by Rahman 7,000 feet above sea level. Sugar Ray Robinson being unable to continue the fight (when he was way ahead on the cards) against Joey Maxim. We all know about that one, even the ref collapsed and had to be replaced during the fight. The temperature was 105 degrees. Hell!

Put these guys in the right conditions and it's a whole different story.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

^^^^

Also it's interesting to note that the fight was a contested in a bull ring and in the midst of the civil war of Ecuador (might explain the hostile crowd!). As you said, Hopkins was also not properly acclimated to the altitude of nearly 10,000 feet. And of course it's worth note this was the only time in hopkins career he was ever knocked down so it seems logical that these conditions were part of the reason, especially considering how badly he beat him down in the rematch.
                      Last edited by ИATAS; 01-13-2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X