Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Will People Say About Floyd Mayweather Jr. 25 Years Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its good that with the tech we have today, everything said and done now can readily be retrieved in the future..boxing related or otherwise.

Comment

ATG, defensive master, and one of the greatest of his era, pretty much.

Comment

I am sure certain question will endure about him but over time I think people will come to realize what a special talent he is and how rare that actually is.

Comment

A coward during the second half of his career

Comment

He was one of the most talented fighters ever, but didn't always test himself against the best. And one of the best defensive fighters ever. I just wish he had fought Pacquiao.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

He'll be in the class of Leonard, Hagler, Duran, and Hearns. An ATG.

If he goes down undefeated between 45-0 and 50-0, there will be a vocal minority that proclaim him as the greatest of all time.

If he beats Serg at MW, he can retire as the baddest mother trucker that ever fcked with this game.

Comment

Originally posted by hatershate

If he goes down undefeated between 45-0 and 50-0, there will be a vocal minority that proclaim him as the greatest of all time.

If he beats Serg at MW, he can retire as the baddest mother trucker that ever fcked with this game.
                Pacquiao is in the same class as well, right?

Comment

One of the best that ever did it..

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
                    Pacquiao is in the same class as well, right?

Yes he is.

The bigger question is, will we have anyone in the future even touch that class?

Comment

Originally posted by hatershate View Post

I'll have to disagree on basic principle. People will at no point ever say that about Floyd IMHO. Not the establishment anyway. The Fab 4 elevated each other. Floyd has Pacquiao, maybe Martinez, but not Duran and/or Leonard, Hearns, Hagler. On top of which, Floyd leaves many questions as to whether or not he would have faced contemporaries like that had he fought during the same era.. Although I do support enthusiasm for any fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X